OT - Giants | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT - Giants

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hopefully when everyone gets to the office tomorrow there are empty cardboard boxes to fill.

You can't keep Reese. You just can't. I know the Giants won't do anything until the end of the year but he has got to be gone. The Flowers pick alone should disqualify him from ever being part of a draft.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dear Giants fans:
Tough start to the season. Still time to hop aboard the NE express. Yes, we've struggled.....but for us, a struggle is 2-1, not 0-3.

In Brady, we trust.

Go Pats!!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Nobody thought Eli Apple was worth that high of a pick, but Jerry Reese did.
Nobody thought Erik Flowers was worth ANYWHERE NEAR that high of a pick, but Jerry Reese did.
Nobody thought Erik Flowers could play LT, but Jerry Reese did.
Nobody thought the Giants OL was good enough, but Jerry Reese did.
Nobody thought Davis Webb was a future NFL starter, but Jerry Reese did. THE NEXT PICK WAS KAREEM HUNT.

Reaction Score
Dear Giants fans:
Tough start to the season. Still time to hop aboard the NE express. Yes, we've struggled.....but for us, a struggle is 2-1, not 0-3.

In Brady, we trust.

Go Pats!!
Dear GB,

Before 2001 you couldn’t spell football, and after 2020 you will forget it ever existed.

But please tell me about how you were always a Pats fan because no one will believe it.

Reaction Score
Nobody thought Erik Flowers was worth ANYWHERE NEAR that high of a pick, but Jerry Reese did.
Nobody thought Davis Webb was a future NFL starter, but Jerry Reese did. THE NEXT PICK WAS KAREEM HUNT.
But @Palatine said Reese is a great GM, I am confused?

Reaction Score
Dear Giants fans:

In Brady, we trust.

Go Pats!!

Funny not sure why you would even post here makes little to no sense?

Oh i get it, those 2 still hurt huh? ;)

Reaction Score
Still have to get Eli M in there despite how far from mediocre he looked today? Hilarious but consistent

I wouldn't say he was bad or great, he made the throws he needed to make and probably could have posted a completion percentage over 80% with a little more help from his receivers. If Shepard had hung onto that touchdown pass (I don't blame him so much as the stupid rule) or the officials didn't call the phantom PI on Apple or his line can get some more push on short yardage situations, we're having a different discussion right now. He played well enough to win.

But he was also facing an Eagles defense missing four starters that was down to their fourth string safety and that had arguably the worst secondary in football before their #1 corner went down. Beckham being matched up with 2016 seventh round pick Jalen Mills was the equivalent of the Dream Team against Croatia and Shepard drawing journeyman Patrick Robinson wasn't much better. He also received good protection from the much maligned line and was able to use the 100 degree heat and hurry up offense to neuter an Eagles front four that was playing without all-pro Fletcher Cox from the second quarter on.

All of these variables working in his favor and he still threw two picks, both of which were unquestionably his fault, contributed to a time of possession margin that was among the most lopsided you'll see all year, and put up a blank through three quarters all the while quite literally hanging his defense out to dry. It was a winnable game that saw everybody leave a couple plays on the table. Seems like that's what they've been for five years now.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say he was bad or great, he made the throws he needed to make and probably could have posted a completion percentage over 80% with a little more help from his receivers. If Shepard had hung onto that touchdown pass (I don't blame him so much as the stupid rule) or the officials didn't call the phantom PI on Apple or his line can get some more push on short yardage situations, we're having a different discussion right now. He played well enough to win.

But he was also facing an Eagles defense missing four starters that was down to their fourth string safety and that had arguably the worst secondary in football before their #1 corner went down. Beckham being matched up with 2016 seventh round pick Jalen Mills was the equivalent of the Dream Team against Croatia and Shepard drawing journeyman Patrick Robinson wasn't much better. He also received good protection from the much maligned line and was able to use the 100 degree heat and hurry up offense to neuter an Eagles front four that was playing without all-pro Fletcher Cox from the second quarter on.

All of these variables working in his favor and he still threw two picks, both of which were unquestionably his fault, contributed to a time of possession margin that was among the most lopsided you'll see all year, and put up a blank through three quarters all the while quite literally hanging his defense out to dry. It was a winnable game that saw everybody leave a couple plays on the table. Seems like that's what they've been for five years now.
Can you let me know who you root for so I can put forth bs dribble every week for?

Reaction Score
Because it’s wrong, that’s how.

I look forward to your over reactionary 1st quarter statement next week Skip.
You're right, the health of the league has never been in better shape.

413625.png

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Statistically, Eli had a really good game
The Gmen's D spent way too much time on the field and E Apple is not the player that is worth the high draft choice
Unless they get an OL and a few productive running backs, theres not much a QB who could never scramble do
This is going to be a long season
The play calling was horrible - as bad as his one piece jumpsuit

Reaction Score

Disagree but whatever he can't win with some. Troy A thought he was real good but he's not you when it comes to this stuff.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Hey, Kareem Hunt would be averaging about 2.5 ypc behind this line.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Hopefully when everyone gets to the office tomorrow there are empty cardboard boxes to fill.

You can't keep Reese. You just can't. I know the Giants won't do anything until the end of the year but he has got to be gone. The Flowers pick alone should disqualify him from ever being part of a draft.

Hey, a bad pick is a bad pick. His drafts have not been good. It's bad. But like I said last week, his refusal to fix the line this offseason constituted professional malpractice. He should be fired, right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Giants gained 49 yards rushing the Eagles 190. Eli throws for 360 yards and on mostly every play so 2 INT's is expected. You have to be able to pick up 3rd or 4th and a foot every now and then. Reese should be fired for not fixing the running and protection game over the last 5 years. It's not like this is a new problem. What Eli gets done when the other team knows there's no run is actually pretty good. I'm looking for a draft pick and am afraid we will somehow stumble into 5-6 wins. Thank you Jets for beating the Bills today.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Jordan Raanan - ESPN Staff Writer
Holy heck. Eli Manning got rid of the ball on average in 1.86 seconds on Sunday, per Pro Football Focus. That is crazy fast, almost .40 faster than any other QB.

HE
IS
RUNNING
FOR
HIS
LIFE

Reaction Score
Funny not sure why you would even post here makes little to no sense?

Oh i get it, those 2 still hurt huh? ;)
Not as much as you think Mau. That is getting further and further in the rear view mirror and recent seasons winning 2of last 3 has diminished some of the sting from those losses. Some seem to think if your not a giant fan you shouldn't post on a giant thread bull. Giant fans are all over any Patriot thread which are few on this board anyway and most in rebuttal to a post. Anyway damm tough loss yesterday and feel for my giant buddies on the boneyard , thought ot 4 sure.

Reaction Score
Not as much as you think Mau. That is getting further and further in the rear view mirror and recent seasons winning 2of last 3 has diminished some of the sting from those losses. Some seem to think if your not a giant fan you shouldn't post on a giant thread bull. Giant fans are all over any Patriot thread which are few on this board anyway and most in rebuttal to a post. Anyway damm tough loss yesterday and feel for my giant buddies on the boneyard , thought ot 4 sure.

The threads you speak about are "cheating" "deflated balls" etc etc.. This is totally different at least in my view, no reason to come over like that we all have fun but rubbing it in the face without having a reason to - nope. And if they were in the rear view mirror then why? They aren't I know that and you know that. Plus you guys have reason to be concerned so keep to your own, that defense is atrocious LOL

But the Giants suck and they need to make changes, football is over Go Yanks Go Huskies bball. ;)

Reaction Score
There was no rubbing it in on my part. "Keep to your own" what?

Not you never said that. We know who, the finger was never pointing your way.

Keep to your own team is what I meant - you guys have your own issues although ours are dramatically worst. But for gb to come here all happy and cocky with that defense is pretty funny. For now there's a few teams better than the Pats but I am sure Billy B will fine tune it at some point.

Reaction Score
Not you never said that. We know who, the finger was never pointing your way.

Keep to your own team is what I meant - you guys have your own issues although ours are dramatically worst. But for gb to come here all happy and cocky with that defense is pretty funny. For now there's a few teams better than the Pats but I am sure Billy B will fine tune it at some point.
I gotcha Mau. Rubbing it in after a heartbreaking loss is not cool. We got enough of that with the husky haters. I will be all giants next week but another tough one vrs. Atlanta on the road. I think I got that right.

Reaction Score
That was a crappy sports day Giants and UConn losing in heartbreaking fashion, and the Yankees lost to the stupid Jays in the rubber game not that that loss hurts them that much it was Jamie Garcia pitching followed by Brian Mitchell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom