OT: Giants or Pats? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants or Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know the Pats have Welker in the slot, but Cruz is the slot for the Giants. I'm not sure that is a huge advantage for the Pats, if even an advantage.

On the flip side the Pats D is not nearly as good as the 49ers D.

No, but the front 7 for the Pats is actually pretty good, and is very solid against the run. The Patriots' offense is much, much better than the 49ers. It's a very compelling match-up. I think either team can win and wouldn't be a surprise.

Reaction Score
No, but the front 7 for the Pats is actually pretty good, and is very solid against the run. The Patriots' offense is much, much better than the 49ers. It's a very compelling match-up. I think either team can win and wouldn't be a surprise.

It'll be Eli vs. Pats secondary and Brady vs. the Giants secondary.

As a Pats fan, that scares me especially since Edelman usually takes the slot receiver which most likely be Victor Cruz.

Reaction Score
What? I was a Giants fan since the days of Mendenhall. Probably 1976 was when I started rooting for them. Stopped watching football around 1990, but I was a Giants fan for those 14 years, rooting the whole time. Picked it up again in the early 2000s watching Brady take over for Bledsoe. Have been a Pats fan since then.

I essentially took 10 years off and then switched allegiances.

Perhaps I'm a turncoat, but is my pattern really your definition of a fair weather fan?

Um yea, the Giants had great success in the 80's and were awful in the 1990's, when you stopped watching, the Pats finally got good in 2000s than you jumped on their bandwagon. Fair weather fan. And definitely a turn coat, but I am glad you will be "happy either way" that is the joy of loose alliances and rooting for who is good at that time, eternal bliss.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

As a Pats fan, that scares me especially since Edelman usually takes the slot receiver which most likely be Victor Cruz.

There are definitely concerns. I do think the Pats can run on the Giants, as they did against the Ravens. That said, it's a push, and execution, great plays and turnovers will decide the winner.

Reaction Score
Giants football = strong running game, great defense especially pass rush, & a milk-the-clock offense that'll limit Brady's touches.
The Pats defense played 2 games against so-so offenses in Denver & Baltimore: Eli ain't Flacco & he's definitely not Tebow (DUH).
Brady will have a good/very good game, but I have more faith in the Gints receiving corps than the Pats' TE's. The NE defense is also not close to that of the Niner's.
Overall, the Gints have played against much better comp AND have shown they can win close, tough, low-scoring games. They also have, IMHO, the best clutch QB in football.
All that said, it should be close till a late score in the 4th: Gints 24- Pats 20. :cool:

Reaction Score
Um yea, the Giants had great success in the 80's and were awful in the 1990's, when you stopped watching, the Pats finally got good in 2000s than you jumped on their bandwagon. Fair weather fan. And definitely a turn coat, but I am glad you will be "happy either way" that is the joy of loose alliances and rooting for who is good at that time, eternal bliss.
Lame. I wrote that I started in 76. 7 out of the first 8 seasons I watched were losing seasons. That's a fair weather fan to you?
Meh.
You sound like a dedicated fan. Which is good. World needs them. Otherwise the Boston Eagles wouldn't fill the front row.

Reaction Score
Prez's change is a strange one as it has a gap in time......nonetheless I always find it weird as to how anyone can change their loyalties unless they change geographically from their youth. Even then it would be difficult. I too was a great fan during the Mendenhall, Dryer, Gregory, Van Pelt, Ron Johnson years when they were talented defendively but couldn't score.

Actually kid of took the Pats as my underdog AFC team until the realization was their fans were also Sox fans who when the finally won, were unbearable. This realized even more and bevame more painful when I married a lovely lady from Mass. and moved there from Meriden CT.. Tey now can't lose enough for this particular Giants fan.

Reaction Score
Go Giants!

Right now on ESPN.com, Connecticut is rooting for the Giants 53-47%, with 5,000 votes cast. We're the only New England state that doesn't root for the Pats, for obvious reasons.
Who would Jets fans want to win?

Reaction Score

They should put Sterling Moore on Cruz.

Reaction Score
Go Giants!

Right now on ESPN.com, Connecticut is rooting for the Giants 53-47%, with 5,000 votes cast. We're the only New England state that doesn't root for the Pats, for obvious reasons.

I don't care Kraft played CT to get a new stadium. I was a Giants fan before that. Southwestern CT is a lot closer to the Giants stadium than it is for the Patriots'.

Reaction Score
Being from the middle of the state as a young fan in the mid tolate 60's the Giants were the only choice I knew of.......if the Pats came to CT i could have cared less.....traffic jam for no reason...lol

Reaction Score
It's going to be a good game. Depends on what Tom Brady/Eli Manning show up.

Reaction Score
The Pats defense played 2 games against so-so offenses in Denver & Baltimore: Eli ain't Flacco & he's definitely not Tebow (DUH).

And Brady isn't Alex Smith either.

Reaction Score
How about Aaron Rodgers?

well played.jpeg

Reaction Score
How about Aaron Rodgers?
If you think allowing 260 yards and 2 TDs to Aaron Rodgers is your definition of shutting down a QB - so be it. I don't think the Pats will be turning the ball over 4 times ....

Reaction Score
If you think allowing 260 yards and 2 TDs to Aaron Rodgers is your definition of shutting down a QB - so be it. I don't think the Pats will be turning the ball over 4 times ....

THAT QB, I would say its a pretty damn good job of at least keeping him in check. Your post implied that we had not faced and beaten a good QB, I dont argee. Hard to say if the pats will turn it over or not. But if I am not mistaken they did turn it over a couple of times against us in the first meeting.

Reaction Score

Huh? The Giants made Rodgers look awful. He needed 46 throws to get his 264. He threw a pick and lost the Osi fumble. He was sacked four times. His 2nd touchdown was in garbage time. It was his worst game of the season. Shut down.

BB will sell out his secondary to slow down the three Giant WR's leaving Bradshaw as a check down back. He is my choice for MVP.

Giants 33 Pats 22 and Vegas nails the 55 0/u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99