OT: Geno | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Based on some of the layup attempts I saw last night, I wouldn't say that's a given lol.
I would have lost it if I was Clark. The amount of perfect passes she hit teammates rolling to the basket with that they then completely and spectacularly blew the layup on was awful. No wonder she shoots as much as she does.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I would have lost it if I was Clark. The amount of perfect passes she hit teammates rolling to the basket with that they then completely and spectacularly blew the layup on was awful. No wonder she shoots as much as she does.

I don't think thats the reason she shoots that much.

Reaction Score
I don't watch much women's college basketball but when I do I usually come away impressed with the three point shooting and shocked at how bad they are at layups.
Agreed - I would think maximizing open looks from behind the arc would be even higher on the agenda than in the men's game.

Less on inside the arc and greater acceptance of open midrange shots during the back-half of the shot clock.

Reaction Score
this is all right, but I'm not sure you can play that intensity for 40 minutes. It'll be a game, but going 40 that hard is going to catch up eventually.
With all the injuries that they have had, I feel like it caught up to them months ago. And yet, here they are.

Reaction Score
Not only is Paige out of position playing the 4, but Edwards is naturally a 4 who's had to play the 5 all yr when our expected center tore her achilles last summer.

Reaction Score
This is not the same team that lost the early games. Our freshman were new to the college game during those loses. Now they have experience.
With all the talk about Clark deservedly gets, but I like Muhl guarding her better than who is going to guard Bueckers.
AE owns the rest of Iowa.
The Clark show ends Friday night.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How good would it be if they could pull this off?

Reaction Score
This is not the same team that lost the early games. Our freshman were new to the college game during those loses. Now they have experience.
With all the talk about Clark deservedly gets, but I like Muhl guarding her better than who is going to guard Bueckers.
AE owns the rest of Iowa.
The Clark show ends Friday night.
Post/Handle

Reaction Score
Trying not to get banned for this lol, but I've noticed that this particular UConn team matches up really well with teams that, let's say, look like Iowa's team (e.g. Creighton, Marquette), but struggles with quicker, more athletic teams.

I'm actually more confident about this one (I'd say about a coin flip) than I was about the USC game, where I thought we should have been an underdog.

Reaction Score
How good would it be if they could pull this off?
Well, it wouldn't be an upset- the line is about 3 points. UConn is legit and can score and defend. What they will do is have multiple people guard Caitlyn- mostly Nika, but KK is super quick and a real pest on defense too- so Caitlin won't get used to her defenders' techniques. Paige is a great defender too- this part of her game is overlooked- and she may also guard Clark. But UConn's Achille's heel has been foul trouble, which is even more of a threat when they don't have a lot of healthy players for subs. Basically, UConn plays two subs- Ice Brady a 6-3 forward with a good shot but not a great defender (slow feet), and Quadance "Q" Samuels, a 6'2 forward with streaky outside shot. UConn's starters end up playing almost the full game, and fatigue is another concern.

Reaction Score
Trying not to get banned for this lol, but I've noticed that this particular UConn team matches up really well with teams that, let's say, look like Iowa's team (e.g. Creighton, Marquette), but struggles with quicker, more athletic teams.

I'm actually more confident about this one (I'd say about a coin flip) than I was about the USC game, where I thought we should have been an underdog.
Lol I've been trying to tip toe around it by saying they're lacking athleticism, but yea I think they can definitely play with Iowa but vs SC they would need their players currently in sweats

Reaction Score
Lol I've been trying to tip toe around it by saying they're lacking athleticism, but yea I think they can definitely play with Iowa but vs SC they would need their players currently in sweats

If they beat Iowa I don't think there's really any world in which they're not getting smacked by South Carolina. Hell of a run though.

Reaction Score

It's not what you're getting at but they've lacked big physical girls for years now. They still would've won 1 or 2 had they not had the devastating injuries but even with everyone healthy they've been missing the big girls to bang down low against South Carolina.

Reaction Score
If they beat Iowa I don't think there's really any world in which they're not getting smacked by South Carolina. Hell of a run though.
Yea agreed, which is why I wouldn't be opposed to a tough, hard fought L tonight. Don't want to see them go out bad vs SC as outgunned as they are.

Reaction Score
Yea agreed, which is why I wouldn't be opposed to a tough, hard fought L tonight. Don't want to see them go out bad vs SC as outgunned as they are.
Now that is what I call a losers mentality. South Carolina isn’t unbeatable btw they have shown cracks in the armor.

Reaction Score
Terrible take as far as I’m concerned. We’ve got Paige & Geno, we’ve got a chance. Plus, the buyout on my double natty parlay could still be intact!

Reaction Score
Well, NC State is playing SC tough with one of their best players committing self sabotage and now Cardoso is hurt

Reaction Score
The last women’s team that was unbeatable was 2016 UConn, last years South Carolina team with Aaliyah Boston was better, and they lost in the Final Four. We’ll see what happens hopefully Cardosa is ok.

Reaction Score
The last women’s team that was unbeatable was 2016 UConn, last years South Carolina team with Aaliyah Boston was better, and they lost in the Final Four. We’ll see what happens hopefully Cardosa is ok.
This year's SC team overall has been better, better shooting and they're even more athletic

Reaction Score
The biggest problem is if anyone even gets near Caitlin while she’s shooting the refs are going to call a foul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom