OT: General knowledge test #449A | The Boneyard

OT: General knowledge test #449A

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
We can put this baby to rest before our attention goes to the landing place of K & K,
that is, if you are earnest & sincere & forthright & heartfelt & visionary.

Please don't reprint questions nor do research.

1..A regular on Barney Miller died while the show was still running. Who?

2..What was recently newsworthy about Chris Borland?

3..What was the Marvin Gaye-Blurred Lines case?

4..To get atom bomb material U___ must be separated from U___.

5..Pat Buttram's mode of transport?

6..Washington's Sec'y of State?

7..Explain beer pong.

8..Lake Highland(Fl) wins the state championship, led by which N.Car. commit?

9..Instituto per le opera di religione is more commonly known as the..?

10..Swing and sway with...? had a 1/2 hour TV show for amateurs called..?

11..Which is/are not oil-dry nation(s): Lebanon, Israel, Kuwait, Morocco, Jordan, Djibouti?

12..The Pope is at odds with Chileans over Bishop Barros. Explain.

13..Paul Burke portrays Det. Adam Flint on this 60's show.

Reaction Score
1. Jack Soo.
2. Retired from the NFL at a very young age.
3. Robin Thicke's song, Blurred Lines, sounds so much like/exactly like Marving Gaye's megahit from the 70's, Gotta Give It Up, that the Gaye estate sued for copyright infringement and royalties. for whatever reason, Thicke et al chose to fight the allegations and lost.
4. ??? from Uranium
5. A very famous horse way before my time, but he was hilarious in Green Acres.
6. How is this a relevant question?
9. The Vatican
10. Sammy Kaye(also before my time, but worked with a guy who used to say it all the time)
11. Kuwait is not oil dry, the rest of the countries listed are oil dry.
12. Bishop Barros has been accused of child molestation and will not step down.
13. Arrest and Trial

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1. Jack Soo
4. 235 and 238 (if you're asking what I think your asking)
7. a drinking game, what more do you need to know? :cool:
8. Destinee Walker is from FL and going to UNC. Don't know nothing about Lake Highland. By the way there's like 3 of them this year.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
7. Back nearly 40 years ago when I played, you did it like this. On a ping pong table, each player had a plastic 12-0z cup of beer located roughly 6 inches in from the right-hand corner of their side of the table. You played ping-pong. If a ball you hit touched your opponents' cup, then they drank 1/5 of the cup. If you managed to land the ball in their cup, or if you managed to knock down their cup with a slam (not hard to do, once your opponent had drunk 3 or 4 times), then your opponent had to fill the cup and chug it. Your opponent is trying to do the same to you.

If you knocked over your own cup, you had to fill the cup and chug it. If you win the ping-pong game, then, you play the next challenger. You can play doubles, with cups near all four corners of the table, and double the chance of cup and ball interaction.

So, some ping-pong skill helps, some capacity for beer definitely helps. Because of beer being spilled and cups being knocked over, this is a game best played in a room with a concrete floor, and a mop bucket near by. Don't play it on a nice fancy table, either.

Reaction Score
3. The song Blurred Lines sounded like Marvin Gaye's Got To Give It Up
10. Sammy Kaye

Reaction Score
6. OK, now I understand the question. My apologies for not maintaining an open enough mind to ascertain hat you were referring to Washington the president, not Washington the state. I agree with Dish N Swish that it was Jefferson. If given a test on US Secretaries of Sate, I would fail miserably.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
1..VAUC and Meyers Soo the network for letting Jack die.

2..Yes, he quits the NFL early, but his reason(?) is what makes his story newsworthy.

3..If the cocaine on the table is misshaped, then you are inhaling... (OK, I'll stop now).
JC & VAUC have this.

4..You must forgive Meyers, for he often has no clue what I'm asking, blinded as he is by his tennis biases.
BUT in this case he is accurate. All those centerfuges we read about are for extracting U235 from U238.

5..Wasn't it Keith Jackson who kept trying to stop Pat's jeep? Crown has Nellie Belle.

6..VAUC goes on the air with a heartfelt apology to the American people. I think he's running for office.
Anyway, he now agrees with Dish that it's Thomas Jefferson.

7..Could you do any better than to absorb Pinot's description? At last we have a hint what made him a silly ol' bear
and why he switched to wine.

8..Every now and then it is Meyer's Destinee to come up with a correct answer. Three what, Meyers?

9..We learn where ed4 squirrels away his ill-gotten gains, like so many before him.

10..VAUC & JC cite band leader from the swing ers, Sammy Kaye. But we still need the TV show,
"So You ____ __ ____ _ ____".

11..VAUC gushes over his erudition about oil wells, remarkable when you considers he doesn't know what a dip stick is.

12..See VAUC.

13..There are 8 million stories in the Naked City, and if you are not careful, Waq will bore you to death as he tells them.

Last edited by a moderator:

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
2..Chris gave a possibly unprecedented reason for a young and uninjured player, that he did not want to undergo
the likely physical problems for the rest of his life that the sport brings about.

10..So You Want to Lead a Band, on TV in '54 & "55.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
2. IIRC, he was concerned about repetitive brain injury/concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads