OT: Francesa's Last Day | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Francesa's Last Day

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Carton is getting back in the game. Supposedly in talks w/ Barstool. That is until he gets sentenced to 40 years.

That guy is unlistenable for me, what a horses ass.

Edit: the 9/11 thing is well plowed ground - they had issue with a guys who was living in the US and who would pledge his alliance to Israel before the US and they had strong opinions on it. I’m hard pressed to see anyone in NYC embracing anyone that would state their alliegence to another country before the US in the few days after 9/11 - hell we had a president that told the world that we’re going to kick some ass - who’s ass it almost didn’t matter.

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Why would Francesa ask Jews to pledge allegiance to the US after 9/11. Shouldn't it have been Muslims? Does Mike know that Jews and Muslims aren't the same?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Joe and Evan are a team that does ANYTHING asked by the station. How many times do they fill in for Mike? Almost all summer.

When I first heard Continent got the afternoon gig I just rolled my eyes.

Joe and Evan probably will end up there. I like Milusis, too.

Carton never did it for me. I only loved the Suzyn Waldman bits and the Sterling jokes. (I always love Sterling jokes). And as for the new morning show...it seems when that when Jerry Recco got the green light he suddenly thought it was the Jerry Recco Show. Man does not shut up.

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Joe and Evan are a team that does ANYTHING asked by the station. How many times do they fill in for Mike? Almost all summer.

When I first hear Continent got the afternoon gig I just rolled my eyes.

Joe and Evan probably will end up there. I like Milusis, too.

Carton never did it for me. I only loved the Suzyn Waldman bits and the Sterling jokes. (I always love Sterling jokes). And as for the new morning show...it seems when that when Jerry Recco got the green light he suddenly thought it was the Jerry Recco Show. Man does not shut up.
Recco always seems so angry. I guarantee Boomer was like, "There's no way I'm working with this guy five days a week."

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Recco always seems so angry. I guarantee Boomer was like, "There's no way I'm working with this guy five days a week."
Right?

Reaction Score
Carton goes off on Mike about the supposed destroyed tapes from Mike's 9/11-week broadcasts where, according to rumor, Mike goes after the Jews pretty hard and even suggests they be forced to pledge some sort of loyalty oath to the United States.

More info about that here: https://deadspin.com/we-listened-to-one-of-the-lost-mike-and-the-mad-dog-9-1794186660
They destroyed the tapes? It was on the 30 for 30 Mike and the Mad Dog show.

I didn't think Carton killed him all that bad. Listened to the whole thing. Not really groundbreaking stuff. Mike hated that Imus got let go and wasn't going to support the replacements.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I listened to a half hour of the Carlin show today. That show might not make it to March 1st.

They gave the phone number out a billion times.

Reaction Score
I listened to a half hour of the Carlin show today. That show might not make it to March 1st.

They gave the phone number out a billion times.
Bart Scott seems like the most engaging and brightest of the 3.

I listened to most of day 1, a little of 2, and a little today. I'm trying to keep an open mind and will give it a little time but early reviews for me see lukewarm at best.

Reaction Score
Bart Scott seems like the most engaging and brightest of the 3.

I listened to most of day 1, a little of 2, and a little today. I'm trying to keep an open mind and will give it a little time but early reviews for me see lukewarm at best.

Only heard bits and pieces thus far and some of the reason is they aren't very good. They have pressure on them so they will need to loosen up, know when its their time to speak. I think 3 is too many but I guess we will see. Bart does seem to have a clue although I thought he'd be tough with 2 others.

Reaction Score
Why would Francesa ask Jews to pledge allegiance to the US after 9/11. Shouldn't it have been Muslims? Does Mike know that Jews and Muslims aren't the same?

Just go find the clip is wasn’t out of the blue it was in the context if a conversation with a caller who said he was loyal first to Israel then the US even though he lived here. It wasn’t about Israel in particular it was them saying regardless of your heritage you should be loyal first and foremost to the country where you reside.

Reaction Score
They destroyed the tapes? It was on the 30 for 30 Mike and the Mad Dog show.

I didn't think Carton killed him all that bad. Listened to the whole thing. Not really groundbreaking stuff. Mike hated that Imus got let go and wasn't going to support the replacements.

Correct - it was in the 30 for 30 and correct again Mike has said many times he essentially owes his career to IMUS

Regardless - I just think Carton is a blowhard always Have has zero to do with his opinion on Francesa. Carton wishes he would have half the career Francesa enjoyed.

Was mike a parody of himself at times, for sure, put the guy owned the market for a LONG time.

Captain Midnight is the best.

Reaction Score
I listened to Carlin and the gang for an hour this afternoon and enjoyed it. Of course I like hearing that Tom Brady might be the Barry Bonds of football.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm no longer listening to the FAN in the afternoon, but for those of you who are, it could be worse. You could be listening to Chris Christie.

Reaction Score
Correct - it was in the 30 for 30 and correct again Mike has said many times he essentially owes his career to IMUS

Regardless - I just think Carton is a blowhard always Have has zero to do with his opinion on Francesa. Carton wishes he would have half the career Francesa enjoyed.

Was mike a parody of himself at times, for sure, put the guy owned the market for a LONG time.

Captain Midnight is the best.
No Doubt. There was some mornings I just couldn't take cartons sophomoric humor. However he did last 10 years and could have stayed longer. The problem with those two is 2 station wasn't big enough for two blowhards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom