OT: FAvorite Stand Up Comedian | The Boneyard

OT: FAvorite Stand Up Comedian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The late Richard Jeni was one of my favorites. His last HBO special was outstanding.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Louis CK and Jim Gaffigan are my favorites

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Louis CK and Dave Chappelle.

Reaction Score
I don't care if he's gone. I'd rewatch 90% of his stuff and enjoy it more than most else that is out there (excepting LCK, who is very good):

“Think of how stupid the average American is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

GeorgeCarlinNYT.JPG

Reaction Score
The late Mitch Hedberg. Wasn't famous - just a Comedy Central routine or two. He was like watching Kurt Cobain making random observations while stoned.

The first Chris Rock HBO special was classic - one of the funniest hours of television I've ever seen.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The late Mitch Hedberg. Wasn't famous - just a Comedy Central routine or two. He was like watching Kurt Cobain making random observations while stoned.

The first Chris Rock HBO special was classic - one of the funniest hours of television I've ever seen.

Totally agree. I bought all three of Mitch's albums on eMusic, every joke is funny. And I'm with UChusky 916, Louis CK and Gaffigan are my two favorite current guys.

Reaction Score
Louis CK - The patron saint for divorced guys in their 40's.

Was also pleasantly surprised by the guy who opened for him at the Bushnell last year, Gary Gulman. He did a great bit about the Karate Kid.

I also get stuck watching endless streams of Mitch Hedberg youtube clips from time to time...

Reaction Score
Chris Rock is now past his prime but he's my all time favorite. Patrice O'Neal is another great one, I still listen to his Black Phillip podcasts from time to time, its a shame he passed away while so young.

Reaction Score
I like a lot of the ones listed here, saw Carlin live a few times, have seen the Blue Collar guys. Ron White is great. Someone I have to stop and listen to every time she is on Sirius is Jeanne Robertson. The humor is in the plainness of her stories.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
No mention of Rodney Dangerfield?!?
The king of one-liners----> def my all time fave

Guess he was right.....he doesn't get any respect, lol

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Louis CK - The patron saint for divorced guys in their 40's.

Was also pleasantly surprised by the guy who opened for him at the Bushnell last year, Gary Gulman. He did a great bit about the Karate Kid.

At the risk of logrolling here, that was a heck of a good time at the Bushnell. The opener was funny and Louis is a total pro at the top of his game.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Spent hours in our dorm rooms listening to Richard Pryor albums. The best.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I see Louis CK getting props. I think I have watched him once and have never seen his show. I must be missing out. I did see him on Conan once and he was hysterical...doing the bit where people get pissed when they have slow internet while on an airplane and LCK goes "Dude!! You're sitting in a chair &#^#%$ 30,000 feet in the sky on a computer! And you're pissed that your connection is 5 seconds slower than your house computer?".

RE: Gary Gulman...the name sounded familiar so I googled him...I remember him from Last Comic Standing...funny guy.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
The Congress

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
No mention of Rodney Dangerfield?!?
The king of one-liners----> def my all time fave

Guess he was right.....he doesn't get any respect, lol

He's buried in a cemetery in the Westwood section of LA, where Marilyn Monroe is buried. That cemetery allows interesting inscriptions on the headstones. Dangerfield's says "There goes the neighborhood". BTW Marylin is in a tiny wall crypt, undistinguished from dozens of others except hers always has flowers and notes attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom