OT: Favorite ice cream brand and flavor? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite ice cream brand and flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haagen Daaz Vanila? That's like saying your favorite sandwich is Wonder bread and skippy peanut butter.

B&J's coffee toffee bar crunch, milk and cookies, cherry Garcia, holy cannoli. I mean, start there and let me know if you need more help.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ice Cream - anything mint - mint chocolate chip, peppermint stick, mocha mint, etc - Ashley's and Shady Glen rate high
Gelato - everyone should visit Gorgeous Gelato in Portland Maine - owned by a gelato artist from Sicily - I swear this stuff makes you forget all about ice cream

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Just give me Ben and Jerry's anything.
Chunky Monkey, Cinnamon Bun, Triple caramel.

We Lik It in Pomfret is arguably the best ice cream place around. That or the Dairy Bar.

Gelato stores in Italy are unreal. The Nutella flavor and Pistachio were to die for.

Reaction Score
Haagen Daaz Vanila? That's like saying your favorite sandwich is Wonder bread and skippy peanut butter.

B&J's coffee toffee bar crunch, milk and cookies, cherry Garcia, holy cannoli. I mean, start there and let me know if you need more help.
Except for the fact that Wonder Bread sucks and Haagen-Dazs is delicious. Also Ben & Jerry's toffee bar sucks, they need to bring back Heath Bar crunch.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Threads like this should start with "dairy bar" and end with "any flavor."

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
But on a serious note. Shady glen, coconut. They got real coconut flakes in there, I don't eat any other ice cream besides dairy bar.

Reaction Score
I'll eat pretty much any ice cream but these already mentioned above are old favorites of mine:

Edy's French Silk
Moose Tracks
Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter
B&J Chunky Monkey

To which I will add my all-time go-to favorite:

Häagen-Dazs Belgian Chocolate

If it's in the freezer I can't stop thinking about it until it's in my belly...then I'm sad,

Reaction Score
I have a dangerous love of ice cream and when my wife was pregnant her "needs" essentially allow me to gain like 15 pounds due to the proximity of Dairy Queen. That being said, my absolute fave ice cream is any sort of Oreo variation. I used to work at Hallmarks in Old Lyme and helped make some of the ice cream there. That Oreo was amazing. I haven't been back since it was bought out. A close second would be Ben and Jerry's "Everything But The..." and then all the varieties of Edy's Slow Churned. The Orange Creamicle thing is pretty awesome.

Reaction Score
Stewart's Espresso Therapy or the gelato from Via Quadronno either Pistschio or Rum Raisin.

Reaction Score
I'm usually a purist when it comes to ice cream and Haagen-Dazs vanilla has been my go to. Not a big ice cream guy but now that the summer months are here I'm willing to branch out if there are some good suggestions. By the way Ben and Jerry's is insane for discontinuing Heath Bar crunch.

UConn Dairy Bar - Chocolate .... it tastes as great now as it did 35 years ago mmmmhh
Store bought Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip ... no green dye and it tastes great
Friendly's Butter Crunch with Chocolate Shots .... awesome

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Nice try, but take a look at the ingredients and you'll have data to back up how poor an analogy that was: simple & natural vs. bland & hyper-processed.

Mix-ins can be fun, but so can smooth. Good coffee ice cream is rarely improved by chunks of anything, and Cherry Garcia still satisfies after many years, to give a couple of examples.

And because nobody has yet mentioned it, we're partial at home to the frequent enough $2.88/pint sales on many flavors of Talenti available at ShopRite. They also rotate similar sales on HD and B&J if you're cost-conscious and favor the so-called "super premium" brands.

Reaction Score
My favorite from Haag-Daz is their Pineapple Coconut. Ben & Jerry's is very smooth (it's the way they make it) and I like best the Cherry Garcia. For supermarket brands, I used to like Breyer's and especially their Butter Almond, but I can't find it ever, and the quality & ingredients have gone downhill.

But prices are insane for the "good" ice creams- Breyers by the 1/2 gallon (or whatever it is now, 1.75 quart) is never more than $4 in my rea. If you can get Ben & Jerry's on sale for $3.50 a pint, that comes out to $14 for 1/2 gallon!

Reaction Score
Nice try, but take a look at the ingredients and you'll have data to back up how poor an analogy that was: simple & natural vs. bland & hyper-processed.

Mix-ins can be fun, but so can smooth. Good coffee ice cream is rarely improved by chunks of anything, and Cherry Garcia still satisfies after many years, to give a couple of examples.

And because nobody has yet mentioned it, we're partial at home to the frequent enough $2.88/pint sales on many flavors of Talenti available at ShopRite. They also rotate similar sales on HD and B&J if you're cost-conscious and favor the so-called "super premium" brands.

Nonsense. For mass produced products, vanilla ice cream is vanilla ice cream. You can get that crappy yellow French Vanilla, Vanilla Bean or Friendly, Breyers, B&J. At the end of the day, it's just vanilla ice cream, man.

Reaction Score
Nonsense. For mass produced products, vanilla ice cream is vanilla ice cream. You can get that crappy yellow French Vanilla, Vanilla Bean or Friendly, Breyers, B&J. At the end of the day, it's just vanilla ice cream, man.
Couldn't be further from the truth.

Reaction Score
Very silly statement, sounds like your not a Vanilla fan, which is fine, but the statement is silly.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Persionally, I prefer a good sweet cream to vanilla, but what I'd really like to hear is your complaint about clear blue skies, meditation, minimalist art and/or water.

Reaction Score
My Top 3 in order:
1. Mocha Almond Fudge hand packed at Baskin Robbins
2. Coffee Bean..Trader Joes
3. Coffee - Haagen-Dazs

Reaction Score
Very silly statement, sounds like your not a Vanilla fan, which is fine, but the statement is silly.

I have nothing against vanilla ice cream. It's just like saying your favorite food is iceberg lettuce. It's the base for other GOOD ice creams. Alone? Meh. You can have it.

Reaction Score
I have nothing against vanilla ice cream. It's just like saying your favorite food is iceberg lettuce. It's the base for other GOOD ice creams. Alone? Meh. You can have it.
Don't think many people will agree with you. You don't order a pizza with bacon, salami, onions, olives and peppers to judge a pizza, you order a cheese pizza. Same goes for ice cream, if your ice cream is really good you get a vanilla or chocolate and it will be awesome and stand on it's own, you shouldn't need candy fillers to make it taste good. I'm not saying cookies n cream, fudge ripple etc. aren't good but if you make good ice cream your vanilla and chocolate are going to be good. There is a huge difference between good and bad vanilla.

Reaction Score
Don't think many people will agree with you. You don't order a pizza with bacon, salami, onions, olives and peppers to judge a pizza, you order a cheese pizza. Same goes for ice cream, if your ice cream is really good you get a vanilla or chocolate and it will be awesome and stand on it's own, you shouldn't need candy fillers to make it taste good. I'm not saying cookies n cream, fudge ripple etc. aren't good but if you make good ice cream your vanilla and chocolate are going to be good. There is a huge difference between good and bad vanilla.

Great. You enjoy your plain vanilla ice cream. Have at it, champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom