OT: Enjoy The Movie Forget The Science | The Boneyard

OT: Enjoy The Movie Forget The Science

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rld-dinosaurs-slammed-by-paleontologists.html

The Jurassic Juggernaut Descends This Week And Science Is Offended!

Oh, puhleez!

A couple, three days ago I woke up to Jack Horner (MSU Prof.) on our local Montana news being interviewed about this movie. Jack, is the Dino professor who is the Dean of Dino profs in the US of A and has been the technical consultant on all these movies. As I tried to get the crust out of my eyes, he explained that what we know about dinosaurs has grown mightily since the beginning of the series, like feathers on raptors, but to stay true to the series, the dinos in the original series of movies would remain as they were.

Hey, critics, focus on three parent human embryo engineering and such. Real issues. Let us enjoy our movies. Oh, wait, that would be real journalism and heavy lifting! Sorry, I forgot our news has devolved to bread and circuses for the masses.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
This is a controversy??? Someone goes to see Jurasic Park to learn about dinosaurs as much as folks go see Jaws to learn about sharks.

Reaction Score
Saw Jurassic World last night. The acting is abysmal, the plot is hackneyed, the dialogue is so ridiculous that it is funny, there is overt sexism - and the audience applauded enthusiastically at the end of the movie. I mused about this with my daughter in California and she brought me up short with the declaration: "Dad, its about the dinosaurs." And, indeed, the dinosaurs are incredible. So, I recommend that you see the movie because the special effects are spectacular enough to warrant 2 hours in a theater with stale popcorn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Saw Jurassic World last night. The acting is abysmal, the plot is hackneyed, the dialogue is so ridiculous that it is funny, there is overt sexism - and the audience applauded enthusiastically at the end of the movie. I mused about this with my daughter in California and she brought me up short with the declaration: "Dad, its about the dinosaurs." And, indeed, the dinosaurs are incredible. So, I recommend that you see the movie because the special effects are spectacular enough to warrant 2 hours in a theater with stale popcorn.

Ye, the critics were calling it a hot mess, so I know I'll love it! But I draw the line at Movie Theatre Popcorn, even Orville's version - true horror.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My wife and I saw Jurassic World yesterday. All I can say is it's no Sharknado.

As to the sexism, I thought the film did a good job using the usual cultural tendency to sexism to turn it on its head at several points in the film.

Reaction Score
I saw it today in 3D IMAX. Had no expectations for any socially redeeming values, Oscar-worthy plot/dialogue, or reptile anatomical correctness. The dinosaurs were AWESOME, the popcorn was fresh, and the audience applauded at the end here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom