OT - Doug Gottlieb Cringe | The Boneyard

OT - Doug Gottlieb Cringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On a panel with Greg Gumbel, Greg Anthony, Kenny Smith & Charles Barkley and he decides to say "I'm just bringing diversity to the set, give the white man's perspective."

http://deadspin.com/doug-gottlieb-s...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

facepalm.jpg

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to two or three man teams of analysts? I hate having to listen to everybody yell over each other.

Reaction Score
I think his comment is awesome. No problem with it. He does stick out as the small white guy among large black men.

I agree on the too-many commentators thing.

Personally, I find it extraordinarily annoying when people talk over each other in any context, and the older I get the more my intolerance grows.

Reaction Score
Another case of the media making a big deal about absolutely nothing. In case anyone didn't realize, it's 2013, the civil rights movement has been over for quite some time.

Reaction Score
If Charles Barkley had made a comment about "bringing the black man's perspective" on a set with Gottlieb, Seth Davis, and Ernie Johnson, everybody would just laugh it off. Still a dumb comment though.

Reaction Score
Another case of the media making a big deal about absolutely nothing. In case anyone didn't realize, it's 2013, the civil rights movement has been over for quite some time.

Not sure I'm hearing Jesse and Al will be outside the studio today awaiting the arrival of Doug:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This will be his last year with the CBS staff, he's an idiot and espn won't take him back, he'll land somewhere on nesn

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm the kind of guy who gets accused by the 6'5"/280-type guys on this site of being too PC, but I think this was nothing more than a joke that fell flat. If CBS is going to can Gottlieb, it should be for saying stupid stuff about college basketball.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As a white man who often offers perspective, this comment offends me.

Reaction Score
Just a dumb thing to say. Not even going to argue whether there's anything wrong with it or not its just plain dumb. Why does he do these things

Reaction Score
I honestly cannot believe this would offend anyone, actually I refuse to believe that. No one is that sensitive and out of touch with reality. It was a joke and a dumb one.
I think Barkley summed it up perfectly. "I know this has nothing to do with the game; I want to say something about Doug Gottlieb," Barkley said. "He made a joke earlier tonight and people are going crazy. All those idiots on Twitter, which I would never ever do, all you people at home who've got no life and are talking bad about Doug Gottlieb, get a life. It's over with. It's no big deal."

Reaction Score
Its no big deal at all peoplle do need to get a life. Im offended that people are offended about it.

Reaction Score
He didn't say anything that was so offensive, but the other 3 guys totally let him fall, they could have jumped in to save him and didn't.

Gotlieb is such a tool that I don't feel bad for him

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As a white man who often offers perspective, this comment offends me.
It doesn't particurlarly offend me as it speaks to Gottlieb and not much more. I agree it is cringe worthy.

Reaction Score
He didn't say anything that was so offensive, but the other 3 guys totally let him fall, they could have jumped in to save him and didn't.

Gotlieb is such a tool that I don't feel bad for him

Agreed. The fact that there were crickets after that joke just makes it so cringeworthy.

Reaction Score
I think Gottlieb thought the set was gonna be like the Inside The NBA studio where they let the jokes fly with Ernie, even making those types of jokes. Those guys all have a rapport with each other that they don't have with Gottlieb, plus at 7pm they're alot more restrained than they are on cable at 1am.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It doesn't particurlarly offend me as it speaks to Gottlieb and not much more. I agree it is cringe worthy.

I'm actually just kidding. I could care less what Dougie says because I think he's a . that being said, I know being a is his shtick and to his credit his ugly mug is on tv a lot, not to mention radio too.

Reaction Score
You know who is a bigger idiot then Doug Gottlieb, Mark May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom