OT: Does the Stanley Cup Championshi End Tonight? | The Boneyard

OT: Does the Stanley Cup Championshi End Tonight?

Reaction Score
Guessing that it doesn't, that it goes seven games. But those of us from Bolton and Farmington have our fingers crossed.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I love watching game sevens in anything, especially hockey & baseball, but I'm hoping Pens win tonight so they don't do it in Pittsburgh - which should mean less raucous celebrating, less damage, fewer injuries and arrests.

No Pittsburgh team has won a championship at home since the Pirates in 1960. And that's quite a few championships in that time.

Reaction Score
I love watching game sevens in anything, especially hockey & baseball, but I'm hoping Pens win tonight so they don't do it in Pittsburgh - which should mean less raucous celebrating, less damage, fewer injuries and arrests.

No Pittsburgh team has won a championship at home since the Pirates in 1960. And that's quite a few championships in that time.
I remember listening to the Mazerowski grand slam on a little transistor radio.

Reaction Score
Nice to see CT's own Ron Hainsey get to hold the cup up 2nd.

Hopefully it shows up in twice in CT

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I called either him or Letang to hoist it second. Hard to believe with all the teams that can get into the playoffs and how long Hainsey has played that he's never been there. And first time in, he goes all the way. He was a key contributor on a defense that was all but crippled come money time.

Great game. If you didn't watch it, you missed something special. Rinne and Nashville's defense were up to the task. Only goal (other than the empty netter) off Rinne's back.

Hard to pick against Pens for a three-peat. Caps are probably going to regroup. Who else can match up with Crosby & Malkin & Co.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I called either him or Letang to hoist it second. Hard to believe with all the teams that can get into the playoffs and how long Hainsey has played that he's never been there. And first time in, he goes all the way. He was a key contributor on a defense that was all but crippled come money time.

Great game. If you didn't watch it, you missed something special. Rinne and Nashville's defense were up to the task. Only goal (other than the empty netter) off Rinne's back.

Hard to pick against Pens for a three-peat. Caps are probably going to regroup. Who else can match up with Crosby & Malkin & Co.

nice hockey from both teams, they should all be proud. I agree that Pens might be a new Islanders/Oilers type of dynasty brewing right now. Preds looked legit, wouldn't be surprised to see them around in the future again too. I don't follow NHL closely enough to know contract situations though, will both clubs remain intact roster-wise?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
nice hockey from both teams, they should all be proud. I agree that Pens might be a new Islanders/Oilers type of dynasty brewing right now. Preds looked legit, wouldn't be surprised to see them around in the future again too. I don't follow NHL closely enough to know contract situations though, will both clubs remain intact roster-wise?

Can't say about Nashville, but Pens are in good shape cap-wise. They'll lose Fleury in the expansion draft, and Cullen to retirement, but they get Letang back and Crosby/Malkin/Kessel are around for a few years yet and a lot of key players for Pens are on cheap controllable contracts.

Reaction Score
Preds are is great shape cap-wise and their core 4 defensemen are signed for the next 3 years. Rinne has 2 more years on his contract. Lots of young talent. Johansen and Arvidson are restricted FA but the GM has the money to sign. Big question is who is protected in expansion draft. The trendy pick is to leave James Neal unprotected as he only has a year left on a pretty hefty contract. That would allow the Preds to protect all 4 core defensemen along with Rinne and 4 young forwards (Forsberg, Johansen, Arvidson and Jarnkrok (or Sissons). Most key players are under 27 year old

The series was a weird one. Preds easily could-should have won game 1 and game 6. Lots of tough breaks. The early whistle was a back-breaker.

Reaction Score

Ron is a free agent this year, but when the Captain hands you the Cup first, gotta think they are planning to keep him around for a year or two more.

Saw the first two periods and a bit of the third. Had an early morning to worry about so I went to bed.

Bonino is from Farmington, so yeah hope so.

Reaction Score
Now 3 of the current 11 CT NHL players have won a cup: Jonathan Quick (LA), Nick Bonino (PIT) and Ron Hainsey (PIT).

The other 8 still searching for Lord Stanley: Max Pacioretty, Kevin Shattenkirk, Colin Wilson, John Hayden, Cam Atkinson, Adam Erne, Tommy Cross and Colin McDonald

Reaction Score
Now 3 of the current 11 CT NHL players have won a cup: Jonathan Quick (LA), Nick Bonino (PIT) and Ron Hainsey (PIT).

The other 8 still searching for Lord Stanley: Max Pacioretty, Kevin Shattenkirk, Colin Wilson, John Hayden, Cam Atkinson, Adam Erne, Tommy Cross and Colin McDonald
Shattenkirk grew up in New Rochelle NY...he was born in Greenwich. I wouldn't count him as a CT kid.

Reaction Score
Shattenkirk grew up in New Rochelle NY...he was born in Greenwich. I wouldn't count him as a CT kid.

Yes, I know. I'm gonna count him, you don't if you don't want to.

Reaction Score
I was born in CT, grew up in Mass and still always considered CT as my home state.

Reaction Score
I was born in CT, grew up in Mass and still always considered CT as my home state.
Interesting. I did just the opposite, born in Texas, grew up in VT, have lived in CT for 50 years now. Consider myself a Vermonter. Ayuh.

Reaction Score
Yes, I know. I'm gonna count him, you don't if you don't want to.
Well Shattenkirk considers himself a New Rochelle kid so you are in the minority there. And I'm sure people in Texas will claim Brian Leetch too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom