OT - Crocodile Mothers | The Boneyard

OT - Crocodile Mothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm excited to say that I've written a novel entitled "Crocodile Mothers Eat Their Young" that will be published and available for purchase from Amazon and in e-book formats in the near future. It is not self-published, to the extent that makes the effort more credible. It's the first of my three novels to be contracted to a publisher.

The title comes from an actual conversation with a foster child of mine. The novel deals with the struggle of two sisters to overcome years of sexual, physical and psychological abuse, while contending with life in foster care and sorting out their relationship with both their biological family and one set of foster parents with whom they have bonded. While fiction, the story draws heavily from my experience as a foster father.

I'm publishing under the pen name - no, not Fishy - Avi Morris, a name with some relevance within my family. I have a partially constructed web-site, www.avimorrisnovels.com, awaiting the go ahead to add excerpts and purchase information. My ugly mug is on there for the world to see. For anyone interested, I'm going to indicate when the novel is available and direct you to the website for purchase info.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Congratulations! Thanks for providing the website. Looking forward to those updates.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
So happy for you.

While I don't read novels very often, my wife does from time to time, so I will recommend your book to her when it comes out.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Congrats, ol Barbarian! Send me an autographed copy. I feel a degree of parenthood, since I DID offer a page or two of totally fatuous suggestions. I look forward to reading the complete and finished tome. Now get to work on the sequel. :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Geez, what's the world coming to? Now we have a Boneyarder who is not just another poster (one of thousands) but a real honest-to-God writer!

A published author yet!

Oy Vey!

(and every last one of us is proud of you.)

Reaction Score
While there's still time....you can ensure big sales adding Kitties to the title.

Best of luck....Foster parenting is God's work.

Reaction Score
This sounds like a very interesting read! Please let us know when it is available in ebook format - I just purchased a Kindle and I'm loving it!

And congratulations! :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Congrats. I don't normally read fiction, but maybe for a fellow boneyarder I can make an exception. Keep us informed when it's officially released.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Congratulations. I agree with JimGunther, you have done God's work and this book will add to the good you've done.

Books are Bootiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer