OT - Conference Realignment can be success or failure | The Boneyard

OT - Conference Realignment can be success or failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That was about the only part of the article that wasn't utterly preposterous.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Great call, Carl. As an aside, BC's smugness despite overwhelming mediocrity really annoys the out of me. You want a regional rivalry? We'll give you a regional rivalry. Too scared.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
There's also this little gem in there while completely ignoring UCONN.....and I think there's a website right here with multiple thousands of hits daily about football that says otherwise about college football in new england..........and ignores that in just under 10 years, the college football gameday environment at Rentschler is something that rivals college football environments anywhere in the country.......

Thanks uconndad for finding this one. People call me crazy all the time, but I didn't like the ACC 25 years ago, and I don't like it now. I'd rather line up the opponents whoever they may be, and continue to win championships and build our brand name right at home.

College football is not a hot-button topic in New England. The Eagles need to market what they have and fill the stadium.

Parking, never an abundant commodity for BC games, became even more of a premium. Tailgating, the lifeblood of a college football Saturday afternoon, became an exercise in frustration for many fans who were given tight time limits for their festivities.

“Parking is a legitimate gripe of the fans, but we only have so much space,’’ said DeFilippo. “I don’t know what we can do.’’

Reaction Score
Except that the other article was written last June.

Good point. Didn't see that. But thanks for making it even more blatant. Lively's activism about BC the state of BC athletics happened AFTER this article!!!!

Wow.

Apologies to Blaudschun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member