OT-Celtics future | The Boneyard

OT-Celtics future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't want this to get lost in the Knicks fans gloating about winning their first playoff series in 13 years.

To my eyes, the Celtics have four pieces in place as they continue to transition away from the KG/Pierce era. Avery Bradley, Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger, and Jeff Green all need to be key contributors going forward. The question is, what will be behind them? Can you get by with a bench of Brandon Bass' and Leondro Barbossa's and still compete in the east? Do one of these players need to be traded to get something back of value?

Then there are the questions about what to do with KG and Pierce. Most of the beat writers around the team seem to think KG is likely back for at least one more year and Pierce is the more likely player to be dealt this offseason. Where does that get them? I suppose moving KG to the bench and letting him play the 4 while limiting minutes to the upper 20's, rather than the upper 30's, could preserve him through the end of his contract.

Ainge seemingly handles the draft pretty well. They are picking at 16, are there 16 players you can add to this team to help them compete? Could you trade the pick for something better? This is considered a weak draft and I don't think you can expect a Sullinger to fall into their lap again.

I think that with a healthy Rondo and Sullinger they are not the 7 seed this year, more like a 6 or 5, and likely advance in the playoffs. In my opinion a Rondo, Sullinger, Bradley, Green core could still compete for 7/8 in the east, especially with KG coming off the bench in a limited role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom