OT: Can They Both Do It? | The Boneyard

OT: Can They Both Do It?

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I went onto Massey to see the odds for both games.

Am I crazy or has Massey now ranked the men at #7?

And for those who pay more attention to these things, how do Massey's ratings tend to compare with coaches and AP polls?

In any event, what a great start to the season for both teams!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes. We have a shot at both a men‘s and women‘s National championship!

Whoa, whoa whoa… you are way out ahead of your skis my friend!

scared season 3 GIF

Reaction Score
I'm impressed with what Hurley has done with the men's team. I hope when Geno retires, that the women don't lose as much as the men seemed to lose after Calhoun retired (from UConn).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm impressed with what Hurley has done with the men's team. I hope when Geno retires, that the women don't lose as much as the men seemed to lose after Calhoun retired (from UConn).
There were some forgettable years between Calhoun and Hurley and a cautionary tale that just because an alumnus has pro experience and some years as an assistant doesn’t mean he‘s the best choice for head coach of a major program.

Reaction Score
Didn't you hear?..........Hurley is taking over the women's program when Geno retires...........:):)

Reaction Score
There are some great women's alumnus that have coaching experience at good programs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It looks like Hurley has borrowed a lot from the Auriemma playbook. He really isn’t shy about saying he’d be a fool not to take it vantage of having a Hall of Fame coach just down the hall.

Hurley is also very open about the fact that he picks his Hall of Fame father‘s brain. Calhoun was seen at a practice in the preseason taking notes and going over each players strengths and weaknesses with Hurley afterwards. It takes a confident man to be so willing and so vocal about reaching out to others. It takes a smart man as well.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The men's team looks so much different than last years, and I can say that they look great. Unfortunately, the Men's final is slated for 10:00 ET which is really ridiculous for a tournament final. Love the 1:00 start for our girls, especially since my Giants are off this Sunday.

Reaction Score
Bald Huskie said:
"The men's team looks so much different than last years, and I can say that they look great. Unfortunately, the Men's final is slated for 10:00 ET which is really ridiculous for a tournament final. Love the 1:00 start for our girls, especially since my Giants are off this Sunday."

The men are scheduled for 7:00 PM Pacific time (a prime time game). The women are scheduled for 10:00AM Pacific time (an early risers game).

Reaction Score
The men's team looks so much different than last years, and I can say that they look great. Unfortunately, the Men's final is slated for 10:00 ET which is really ridiculous for a tournament final. Love the 1:00 start for our girls, especially since my Giants are off this Sunday.
I thought it was 10:30 PM our time

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
cough Holly Warlick cough cough

And for the more easily disappointed of our Lady Vol fellow fans, we might be able to now substitute this with wheeze sneeze Kellie Harper sniffle.

Which I think is crazy given that despite some areas of concern, she still has a 70% win record. But then, the ranks of fired football coaches include those with a string of 10-game winning seasons but being let go because they didn't win the "big one".

Reaction Score

After Calhoun retired we won a National Championship

Reaction Score
I thought it might come next season to keep the pattern up of 2004, 2014, 2024.

Thought about this last night. Decided I was good with being a year earlier. And we always could do it again next year. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm not, he's had plenty of time and has 0 tournament wins including an upset to NM st last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom