OT - But kind of neat, at least for me. | The Boneyard

OT - But kind of neat, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Having just moved to Michigan, one of my new acquaintances from my wife's congregation suggested I sign up as a substitute teacher at the charter school where she teaches.

I interviewed with the school's director today. When I told him that I grew up in Connecticut and was planning on returning for the USC game, he smiled. He knows all about UConn women's basketball because he used to teach in Delaware, and had Elena Delle Donne's brother as one of his students, and knows EDD. Followed her basketball career since she was a little kid.

Crazy small world out there sometimes.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
That's awesome!

And enjoy Michigan for me! I don't get out that way very often. ;)

Reaction Score
My wife's family is from Michigan and will be going there in the spring. I also was a sub on several occasions and really liked it. One ploy I used was when a student asked me permission to do something that I wasn't sure about, I would ask the class for advise. They loved it and I got the right answer. Also, during lunch one of the students filled me in on the ploys that would be used with a new sub. It was a 5th grade class. Their teacher told me later that they told her that I was the best sub they ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom