OT: bought house in Manchester. Power/gas costs? | The Boneyard

OT: bought house in Manchester. Power/gas costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
As the Boneyard is the best place on the Internet for all things information and surprisingly I'm struggling to find updated estimators/calculators I thought I'd come here to figure out what to expect for utility costs. Home is older but has newer roof and Anderson Windows. New natural gas and central HVAC system. All new kitchen appliances. Just bought new Samsung washer and dryer. Just the two of us and home is in Manchester, 1260 sq ft. Any guesses? In my head it'd be like 350/month for gas/water/power. Am I close at all?

Reaction Score
My home is similarly sized, its just the two of us, gas heat and washer/dryer, electric range, I also have Anderson windows, doors are a bit drafty, roof is older, I don't have central air (just a larger unit for the whole of the downstairs and one in the master) etc. While our utilities have a range they are about as follows: water is always about $80-90 quarterly, electric is about $75 a month but about $150 in the hotter months, and gas is about $150 in the winter months and $30 or so in the warmer ones. I'd say you overestimated (these are just hazy guesses after all though) and will probably see it average out to less than $250 a month, but it wouldn't hurt you to set aside that much anyway and just bank the difference.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Thanks Mano. I figured (hoped) it was a lil high. I think we're gonna figure to put the mortgage plus 350 into an account to cover those bills just in case and for emergencies. All the stuff I found online was for oil heated homes twice the size in 2008 when fuel was like twice the price it is now. Not prepared to pay 300 a month just for heat!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thanks Mano. I figured (hoped) it was a lil high. I think we're gonna figure to put the mortgage plus 350 into an account to cover those bills just in case and for emergencies. All the stuff I found online was for oil heated homes twice the size in 2008 when fuel was like twice the price it is now. Not prepared to pay 300 a month just for heat!
Did you happen to buy in Manchester 8th Utilities district? Not that it's a ton but I always had an extra water/sewer bill (and property tax bill) to pay them too and it always annoyed me.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Did you happen to buy in Manchester 8th Utilities district? Not that it's a ton but I always had an extra water/sewer bill (and property tax bill) to pay them too and it always annoyed me.
Not sure. We're off East Middle just past the police dept.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
As the Boneyard is the best place on the Internet for all things information and surprisingly I'm struggling to find updated estimators/calculators I thought I'd come here to figure out what to expect for utility costs. Home is older but has newer roof and Anderson Windows. New natural gas and central HVAC system. All new kitchen appliances. Just bought new Samsung washer and dryer. Just the two of us and home is in Manchester, 1260 sq ft. Any guesses? In my head it'd be like 350/month for gas/water/power. Am I close at all?
b32.jpg

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not sure. We're off East Middle just past the police dept.
I think you are ok there, though I forget the exact boundaries... they'd have mentioned it during the closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom