OT-Boneyard jokes I don't follow | The Boneyard

OT-Boneyard jokes I don't follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Donuts. 20 minutes.

I assume the first one has to do with Warde being a hefty dude. I'm more interested in the 20 minutes joke. It seems very played out but I don't know the background. Someone please explain!

Reaction Score
I don't understand the joke where people on here think not getting invited to the ACC is okay or a good thing.

Reaction Score
Can't you wait 20 minutes like everyone has?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't understand the joke where people on here think not getting invited to the ACC is okay or a good thing.

the joke is ppl like u who have either laughed at or ignored the CR situation over the past year or so and now think that we got played when we didn't.

Reaction Score
the joke is ppl like u who have either laughed at or ignored the CR situation over the past year or so and now think that we got played when we didn't.
You're right. Get used to playing Tulane and SMU every year while our former, lesser IMO foes move on to greener pastures.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Donuts. 20 minutes.

I assume the first one has to do with Warde being a hefty dude. I'm more interested in the 20 minutes joke. It seems very played out but I don't know the background. Someone please explain!

"20 minutes!!"

c'mon, nyc...even without knowing the origin its a funny reply to any question where someone wants to know when something is going to happen.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
No idea where 20 minutes originated but I've been around long enough now that I don't even give its origin a second thought and I laugh at new posters that are furiously confused the first time they start a thread asking a question. I get it as it's obviously straight forward but I have wondered from time to time where it comes from.

As for donuts, I don't think I even know what you're talking about.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You're right. Get used to playing Tulane and SMU every year while our former, lesser IMO foes move on to greener pastures.

the worst situation we will end up in is in a beat up acc league. dont cry before bed, everything will be ok.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
20 Minutes, as I recall, dates back to the fact that UConn/the Big East always takes FOREVER to release the yearly schedule. So throughout the summer, as every other team on Earth had theirs come out, posters would randomly start threads asking when the schedule was coming out- as if any of us had the magic answer.

So we'd just reply "20 minutes".

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I vaguely remember the first 20 minute post - it drew some angst from the original poster and just evolved from there. Now it's just a standard and new folks always get caught in it. Pretty funny that an originally haha post has become lore.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think UconnHenry started it.
Yes, it was Henry that started it. Years ago, someone kept asking when some info would be available - either the schedule or when we'd hear how a recruit's visit went, something like that - and Henry would reply "in 20 minutes". It's your Boneyard standard-issue sarcastic answer for people who either ask questions that no one has the answer for or questions that have been asked 1000 times already.

Other Boneyardisms - "scrappy", Okie Eric, woodchippers, Hanging Judge, and anything related to shark attacks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Haven't seen mention of Dove's satin pants recently either.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Or the mangled petunias and crashed golf cart. Or Lucky the Bunny.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Haven't seen mention of Dove's satin pants recently either.
Ahhh yes, the result of a Yarder thinking about calling himself 'Fandingo' as a handle, which had me imagining a latin lover guy in satin pants.

The Golden Age of the Boneyard was pretty cool.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Does anyone have Fishy's "no smooshed duckies on my watch" post archived anywhere?

Reaction Score
Donuts. 20 minutes.

In all honesty nyc, you should never follow any Boneyard jokes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom