OT - Boeheim doing Boeheim things | The Boneyard

OT - Boeheim doing Boeheim things

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm of the opinion that an always cranky curmudgeon is starting show signs of dementia and what little self filter he had is now gone.

Seriously

Reaction Score
He must know recruiting will take a hit in the near future given that he won't stop trashing the best NBA prospect on his current team. He's going out with guns blazing.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Before watching the video I thought Boeheim was just using the media to motivate McCullough which didn't bother me at all. After watching it, wow, he was throwing hay-makers at the kid. It was actually really uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seriously, what is going on with Boeheim? After every game he's attacking Chris McCullough's game, it's just terrible behavior to be taking pot shots at his own player.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He knows his players better than anyone else - you can't really blame him. Maybe trying to light a fire under Chris.

This is almost similar to people saying after Omar's freshmen year, "Oh he's gonna go pro. He should declare." Then he gets set up for failure. Same situation, just backwards.

Reaction Score
The thing is, this kid is a lottery pick in the next draft. No way the NBA let's a kid with that size and athletic ability slide down past 15. I take him over some of the Kentucky kids coming out early.

Reaction Score
He knows his players better than anyone else - you can't really blame him. Maybe trying to light a fire under Chris.

This is almost similar to people saying after Omar's freshmen year, "Oh he's gonna go pro. He should declare." Then he gets set up for failure. Same situation, just backwards.
It's absolutely nothing like Omar Calhoun, nobody ever said Omar was a draft pick let alone a lottery pick and if we had a 6'10 beast that was being projected as a lottery pick our coach wouldn't continually bring his name up just to denigrate him. Boeheim has done this in the past but the continual unprompted ripping on McCullough is just wrong.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Watch the video and report back. It really is unsettling when you watch it versus just reading the quotes.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Yeah, not even close to the same situation.

This is a coach publicly blasting one of his own players in the media.

That's not even remotely similar to a fan base having glorified expectations for a player on an online forum after an impressive freshman year.

Reaction Score
The only way CM would return for his sophomore year is if he absolutely loved his freshman year. I am thankful that JB is making that less likely.

Reaction Score

He is doing this because he was obviously disappointed, and probably surprised, that both Ennis and Grant left last year. He'd have a very good team if those guys had stayed. It's a completely selfish act.

On a related note, Syracuse's ACC schedule is so backloaded it's ridiculous. Their first 7 conference games are probably against the worst 7 teams in that conference. They play UNC in game #8, then #9-11 are Va Tech, Pitt, and BC. Then their last 7 games are just brutal (Duke, Louisville, Pitt, @Notre Dame, @Duke, Virginia, and @NC State). They're going to lose a bunch of games in February (what's new?) but they have a chance to really fatten up between now and then.

Reaction Score

How is JB ripping one of his own players similar to a hypothetical involving imaginary fans(cuz certainly no one said Omar should declare after his freshman year)? This is about the 3rd time he's done this with McCullough, and he did the same thing last year with Ennis and Grant. I'm now rooting for this dude to go pro just to witness the JB breakdown at season's end.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
It's absolutely nothing like Omar Calhoun, nobody ever said Omar was a draft pick let alone a lottery pick and if we had a 6'10 beast that was being projected as a lottery pick our coach wouldn't continually bring his name up just to denigrate him. Boeheim has done this in the past but the continual unprompted ripping on McCullough is just wrong.
Yeah, not even close to the same situation.

This is a coach publicly blasting one of his own players in the media.

That's not even remotely similar to a fan base having glorified expectations for a player on an online forum after an impressive freshman year.
How is JB ripping one of his own players similar to a hypothetical involving imaginary fans(cuz certainly no one said Omar should declare after his freshman year)? This is about the 3rd time he's done this with McCullough, and he did the same thing last year with Ennis and Grant. I'm now rooting for this dude to go pro just to witness the JB breakdown at season's end.
People said Omar was a low-end 1st rounder. Different, but sort of similar. I think one writer even said he should declare (forget who).
Watch the video and report back. It really is unsettling when you watch it versus just reading the quotes.
This is true. Didn't know there was a video. Changes the perspective.

Before anyone else jumps on this, it makes sense after watching the video. He's an yes, but still he knows his players better than anyone else. Not saying he's right, but you certainly can't blame him for saying it, even if it hurts his draft stock.

Reaction Score
People said Omar was a low-end 1st rounder. Different, but sort of similar. I think one writer even said he should declare (forget who).

This is true. Didn't know there was a video. Changes the perspective.

Before anyone else jumps on this, it makes sense after watching the video. He's an yes, but still he knows his players better than anyone else. Not saying he's right, but you certainly can't blame him for saying it, even if it hurts his draft stock.

LOL, I can't say I know every single thing posted on here, but I know with certainty no one with good sense said Omar should declare or that he would be a 1st rounder after his freshman year. The same board that had guys bending over backwards to argue that it didn't make sense for DD to declare after the run he had, had guys arguing that Omar should declare after a decent freshman year? Nah, I need to see the receipts for that.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
LOL, I can't say I know every single thing posted on here, but I know with certainty no one with good sense said Omar should declare or that he would be a 1st rounder after his freshman year. The same board that had guys bending over backwards to argue that it didn't make sense for DD to declare after the run he had, had guys arguing that Omar should declare after a decent freshman year? Nah, I need to see the receipts for that.
Key words lol. But I tried to look and found some menial things.
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/andy-katz-napier-boatright-should-stay.35444/page-1
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/omar-calhouns-cieling.31833/
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2013/03/nba-scouts-on-shabazz-napier-ryan.html

Some minor trebles, nothing major. Guess you were right.

Reaction Score
this ish is hilarious. There is no way in hell CM finds this cool. But to be FAIR, Tyler Ennis cant get off the pine in the nba and i'm not even sure grant is playing for the sixers. however playing in nba practices for a year and making 6-7 digits > going back to syracuse.

Reaction Score
JB's a dope! As he gets older he gets even dumber than he already is. Any coach who can't come back in a game because his only defense is 2-3 zone is a fn moron! You have to have a fall back, and he doesn't have one. Works good when you're playing LeMoyne, Canisius, Ithaca and such but not as well against Villanove and Uconn

caw

Reaction Score
this ish is hilarious. There is no way in hell CM finds this cool. But to be FAIR, Tyler Ennis cant get off the pine in the nba and i'm not even sure grant is playing for the sixers. however playing in nba practices for a year and making 6-7 digits > going back to syracuse.

I'm not a fan of Ennis but he got drafted into a horrible situation on to a team who now has three other very good point guards. He's also very young and PG is pretty notorious for having late bloomers.

I wonder if Syracuse fans still believe CM is better than Hamilton (more athletic and as such more upside, but it better right now).

Reaction Score
...and notice how neither Calhoun or Ollie - or any other coach, for that matter - decided to rip Omar over internet rumors?

Stop trying to defend an indefensible act.

Reaction Score
Isn't the NCAA supposed to do something any day now? I would be a little unsettled too right before getting smacked for the MASSIVE scandal under his watch. Well, one can only hope....

Reaction Score
At least when you are Ina conference that no one pays attention to you do not get clips of head coaches throwing players under the bus on the Internet. The ACC also has 2 teams that may be vacating wins soon and at least one of them could be banned from post season play ( not likely).
Quse and UNC are however a $ show right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom