OT: Biopsy news on Barbara | The Boneyard

OT: Biopsy news on Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With Samantha's encouragement, I thought it was fitting to get back on here with this breaking news. You'll recall that my wife had very substantial and difficult surgery on her pancreas and spleen. Surgeon called with biopsy report saying:

"This was not what we expected it to be.......you had a very rare cyst on your pancreas.......just wrote a paper on it in fact......it is something that will never cause you a problem now.....completely benign." What a wonderful moment. We go back in about two weeks for a follow up.

Getting some chills down my spine as I type this to those of you who sent along your prayers and vibes , and think again, appreciatively, about the support you provided to us. This has been quite an ordeal (Barb is now down to 91 pound, and I lost 7 myself just in the week of the operation) . You folks were a very tangible help in the process, and we thank you yet again. May your own problems and concerns find similar resolution. Stay well, Winlots and Barbara NINE IS FINE

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Blessings, win, to both of you in her recovery and in the blessing of such great news.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
images

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Blessings to you both in her continued recovery and what a great blessing in this news.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
This is just so great! You won a lot...true to your name.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yay! This is better than UConn going undefeated to eternity.

Great news, Doc! Thanks for the update.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Great news! Really happy for you both. What a blessing!

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
great news for both of you :)

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Now that's great news. I am so happy and relieved for you both.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Great news, happy to hear the update.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing your joyous news! Hope the road to recovery is all downhill...

Reaction Score
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! Fabulous news for you both. Thanks for posting it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I could not be happier for the two of you. I'm sure the uncertainty was tough to go through, but now it's all behind you!

It may be corny to say it but the Boneyard is a family. A dysfunctional family of strangers but a family nonetheless. I'm glad that you posted the prayer/thought request.

Now go take Barbara somewhere special and enjoy each other.

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Great news! Live long and prosper!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I got tears in my eyes when I read this, and I don't know you at all. But I did see the love and concern in the posts you made about your wife and that was powerful stuff. Enjoy the great news.

Reaction Score
I got chills, too! What wonderful news! I'm so glad you posted the happy results.

CL82 is right. Go someplace special and enjoy each other.

Reaction Score
Had been reluctant to put the original "wife news" thread up at all, for two reasons. First, this is obviously a sports forum and I've never been a big fan of the "OT" genre of posts, simply bec of that. Second, this whole episode obviously involved some very personal stuff.
But, when the operation was right upon us and the seriousness was clear, I decided "Hey I'm gonna pull out ALL the stops."
So I added the Yard to the system friends and family and churches were engaged in. Barbara and I are so very glad about that decision.
And, yes, we do share a great love. I'm glad some of you feel that and resonate to it.
And, yes, we did have one helluva great celebration last night with closeness, home made instrumental music , HUGE freakin porterhouse steaks (on a great sale at Stew Leonards) cooked here by a friend, top shelf bourbon provided by a pal, and some delicious red wine. You could hear our arteries slammin shut all the way down to the lake!
PM me if we can be helpful to you now or at any time along the way (have tried to do that a few times for other Yarders over the years........we're here for you, as long as we last.)
Stay well, The Two of Us.

Reaction Score
My wife and I extend congratulations to you and Barbara on your great news. We'll hoist a drink in your honor tonight.

Tom

Reaction Score
Amazing, so happy for you both, enjoy your new found lives! Lots of basketball in your futures I assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom