OT: Best wishes to all Boneyarders who are in harms way | The Boneyard

OT: Best wishes to all Boneyarders who are in harms way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
of the approaching storm. Special prayers go to those who live near the ocean, or LI Sound, or other low lying areas (which may even include lower Manhattan.) Help!

Those with stories to tell may use this thread to consolidate both good news and bad.

Good luck to all. You will be in my thoughts for the next few days.

OC

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
thanks, OC. I don't mind telling you that I am a little bit frightened of all of this....but I am ready

Reaction Score
Looking at the primary path forecast right now, it curves completely around Connecticut. Not that we won't get a good amount of rain and lots of wind. I am resigned to the fact that I will be without power for a period of time. I am just hoping I get a call from my company's "business resiliency" office tonight telling me to stay home tomorrow. Don't think it will happen. Didn't happen last year with either Irene or the October storm, thanks to a back up power plant on site. And since I indirectly support the property and catastrophe operations I will likely have to work anyway. I could work from home, assuming I have power. I don't relish having to drive in to work tomorrow.

Mother nature seems to have it in for us in the Northeast lately...

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Please, everybody, keep us posted...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
You will be in our thoughts and prayers.... as Geno would preach, stay low and keep your arms up.

Reaction Score
S NJ here and we are all bracing for a "HUGE ONE" Thanks to all who have posted!
Prayers to all As the time gets closer it is becoming more clear where this is going to HIT
Ira

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Since our power goes out in NORMAL rain and wind here in central eastern CT, I expect it will be a few days before I can log in. Best of luck to all, stay safe and dry, help each other where you can, and look forward to the 11/2 opener. Good times coming!

GO HUSKIES !!!!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Good luck to all of you, NJ and Conn alike. I am vacationing in Hawai'i, currently in Wakiki after a week on Kauai.

All are in my wife's and my prayers - be safe.

Reaction Score
I'm in Branford, 3 blocks from the Sound - but significantly uphill from the places likely to flood - certain to lose power when the storm gets closer, but hoping for the best otherwise. This is scary! My car is parked about a mile away, far from likely flooding, packed with crates and supplies for the dogs, so if we get hit by a flying tree and need to leave we can walk to it (in Irene a tree came down across the driveway, so it was a couple of days before we could get out). I'm very glad I got a new roof 2 years ago - and feeling for neighbors closer to the water who have just recently finished repairs from the flooding in Irene. Can't wait for the first UConn game - and that's only partly because it will mean this mess is over!

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
In Westport, High tide due in an hour which may flood the downtown, I came into work early to get across the river. Nothing yet, but they are predicting a major flooding of the downtown. Thankfully most people are staying home. I'll be there by noon.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Can you believe it, that sucker gained strength over-night!

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Our prayers are with all of you! I am home with the daughter today and I am sure coverage of Sandy will be on my TV all day.

Reaction Score
Our prayers are with all of you! I am home with the daughter today and I am sure coverage of Sandy will be on my TV all day.
I second this, except for the daughter part. ;) I'm at work with my radio.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Prayers to all those in the storm's path.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Here in Juniata County, PA we are now expected to be in the line of the eye's path. Preparing to receive folks from low laying areas along the Juniata River.

Reaction Score
I thought Irene would have been the worst we'd have enjoyed in the 33 years we've lived here but, the weather info has me very concerned. The storm surge (which took out our seawall last time) is predicted to be several feet higher. Unimaginable.
I can deal with a new heating system (we re-habbed our submerged one last year) but - if the level is much higher, we could have structural damage.
The good news: High tide last night was NOTHING
We were forced to evacuate this morning. Maybe just as well, I don't want to watch this time.
The bad news - there are more high tides to come.
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Best of Luck Jim, it's really hard being so far away.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Still hangin' tough in the DC suburbs - lights flickered a couple of times but power still on. Just need to get through the next few hours and the winds will begin to diminish.

Oops lights just flickered again :-O

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Best wishes and safety to all from So. California. I have my roots back east and have tons of friends back there. Please be safe and post back on here when the storm passes.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
Lost our pool and 2 trees. exactly 1 year ago we lost our pool and 5 trees. I am ready to have all the trees removed. has not been a good day

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
According to Rutgers wbb players tweets...Rutgers lost power. Hopefully everyone will okay.

Reaction Score
Just an update: we're VEEEEEERY fortunate and lucky.

4 feet of Long Island Sound in our basement and tons of sand and rock on the lawn that we nursed back from Irene but, other than a few pieces of siding (and the heat and hot water systems) no real damage.

Thanks for your good wishes and prayers -and thanks to the West Shore Fire Department for the pump out. I fully expected we'd lose the house this time.

PS: Never lost power and cable and internet just restored at 9;30pm.

Life is good - my thoughts for those still suffering and being inconvenienced by this awful storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom