OT: Best Specialty Sausage in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Best Specialty Sausage in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Currently at Ben's Chili Bowl in DC contemplating the incredible Half-Smoke I just had. It got me thinking - where would you folks say are the best brats, kielbasas, etc. in Connecticut?

Reaction Score
swine.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Adolf's Meats in New Britain for brats, keilbasa, etc.

Meadow Meats in Middletown and Longhini (from New Haven, but also available in local supermarkets, etc.) for sweet or hot Italian sausage.

Reaction Score
Longhini is great. One of my biggest issues about living in South Florida now is that I cannot find any good Italian sausage.

Reaction Score
Noack's in Meriden for German wurst and such
Wozniak's in New Haven for Polish sausages and pierogis
La Molisana in Waterbury and Lamberti's in New Haven for Italian sausage products.

Reaction Score
Most anything from Martin Rosol's, but my favorite are the Kellie dogs.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Was back in Ct. last weekend and the last thing I did before I left was to fill the cooler up with Longhini sausage patties and Hummels Big Bites for the trip back to Cincy.

Reaction Score
Another vote for Martin Rosol's in New Britain for kielbasa. Not even a real storefront, just a side room off the factory itself.

I'll also throw a recommendation for D&D Market on Franklin Ave in Hartford. They make a pork sausage with broccoli rabe and garlic in it. Friggin' amazing.

Reaction Score
Currently at Ben's Chili Bowl in DC contemplating the incredible Half-Smoke I just had. It got me thinking - where would you folks say are the best brats, kielbasas, etc. in Connecticut?

Ben's Chili Bowl still good? Made that walk down U Street many times with a raging hangover in my 20s.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ben's Chili Bowl still good? Made that walk down U Street many times with a raging hangover in my 20s.

I was fully sober, but definitely an outstanding meal. I had an original with the works, and while I've never been a chili/mustard guy, they absolutely won me over. Cheese fries and shake were very good as well.

Reaction Score
Longhini is great. One of my biggest issues about living in South Florida now is that I cannot find any good Italian sausage.
How about any good Italian food or GOOD FOOD period. As we speak I just ordered 16 meatballs with sauce from Franklin Giant, one of my buddy's is coming to Fl. to visit and he's bringing them !!!!! I didn't even ask how much they were, just if they had enough. LOL

Reaction Score
How about any good Italian food or GOOD FOOD period. As we speak I just ordered 16 meatballs with sauce from Franklin Giant, one of my buddy's is coming to Fl. to visit and he's bringing them !!!!! I didn't even ask how much they were, just if they had enough. LOL
You guys are so lucky at least when it comes to food!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Ah, the great Lamberti vs Longhini Italian sausage debate. I go with Longhini.

I 'll throw Ferraro's into the mix...

....But nobody beats Dickie Longhini's sausage w/ fennel for a sangwich. Makes at least one annual appearance at the Rent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have a good sausage. Or so I've been told.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nodine's Smokehouse has the best sausage! Love their Andouille. You will thank me.

www.nodinesmokehouse.com
Nice call. I get their bacon that has garlic cloves stuffed in it and aliced into it as they cut it. That's no joke either.
Thought of Nodine's immediately too because I've been going there since I was a kid, but I don't know if I've ever had their sausage. The sausage I've had from them has been made with a blend of meat that included venison from deer that my friend shot and it has been awesome--still have some in the freezer now.

Have had tons of their excellent bacon over the decades, and their jerky is the best on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom