OT: Best Live Album | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Live Album

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Threads like these are helpful toward connecting us when times are tricky & tensions are high.”

I started this thread while retreating into music shortly after my 12 year old son, who for the first time ever has been following the tournament and getting into college BB said “ this must have been pretty fun for you to watch when UConn used to be good”...
cue the music and Jim Beam

Reaction Score
In case you are not already aware of this, Roku has an audio only channel "Dead Shows" that streams directly from archive.org. It's a ridiculously simple interface that covers 1965-2018. There are multiples if some shows because it also gives the type of recording, such as "Soundboard," "2nd generation TDK-SA cassette," "Nakamichi deck in tapers section."

As someone else noted, live jazz recordings constitute a vast and wonderful universe, as do bootlegs, and even recordings I've made myself, but I'll simply add some
recommended commercially released titles that I like and haven't seen in my quick scan of this thread (sorry in advance for repeats):

The Who Live at Leeds
Rolling Stones - Got Live if You want it
The Band - Rock of Ages
Ry Cooder - Showtime
Graham Parker - Live, Alone in America
The Name of this Band is Talking Heads
John Hiatt Live at Budokan
Dan Hicks & his Hot Licks - Where's the Money
Hot Tuna (1st album acoustic)
Kinks - Everybody's in Show Business

Finally, there's TONS of great Frank Zappa.
Very few can finish this line.

Billy was a mountain,...............

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
yawn... I really miss the days when the most popular threads were related to Uconn basketball in Feb/March. One of those anecdotal eveidences as to where the program is.
If you start a reply with the word "yawn" you should just not reply at all. We all miss "the days". Now tell us what is your favorite live album?

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Metallica S&M with San Francisco Symphony Orchestra

Reaction Score
had this on 8-track tape, great album

Alive_2_cover.jpg

Reaction Score
4 Way Street, by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young... introduced to me freshman year.. 1993, New London First Floor in the Jungle.. still listen to it at least once a week..one of the life altering things I gained from my years at UConn. Helps my navigate all of the trials of life.. including updating this forum
to an obsessive level these days looking for that glimmer of hope that we’ll get back to what we once were.

What a difference a few hundred yards make.... Freshman year, also Fall of 1993. There was ZERO CSN&Y coming from our floor. It was 90% Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, etc... plus some kick-ass early 90's hip-hop and the occasional Dead

Curiouser
Reaction Score
J.Geils, Blow Your Face Out

J Geils Full House

Both great calls. Great live band; Peter Wolf actually still puts on a great live show. One of the most underrated front men of all time imo.

Dire Straits - Alchemy. The version of Sultans of Swing on this live album still blows me away
Great call. That whole first side is excellent.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
What a difference a few hundred yards make.... Freshman year, also Fall of 1993. There was ZERO CSN&Y coming from our floor. It was 90% Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, etc... plus some kick-ass early 90's hip-hop and the occasional Dead
As you progressed down NL1 navigating the empty Beast and Popov bottles that were ankle deep by Sunday morning you transitioned from classic rock to hip hop and ended up with death metal. The Beatles were a mainstay though.

Reaction Score
BÖC - On Your Feet or On Your Knees
Seriously dude, way to go.

They'll hear it.......The Subhuman, Last Days of May, Cities on Flame, and so much more.

I grew up with this.

I'm gonna play this right now.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
I’m prepared for ridicule but I don’t know what BOC or MC5 are.
Seriously dude, way to go.

They'll hear it..The Subhuman, Last Days of May, Cities on Flame, and so much more.

I grew up with this.

I'm gonna play this right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom