OT: Beating a dead horse | The Boneyard

OT: Beating a dead horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghz

Reaction Score
Being horse racing season, it's a good time drop some knowledge about dead horses. "Beating a dead horse" is a racing term. The horse is not literally dead, but rather "gassed" or exhausted. When a horse has nothing left in the tank, striking him with a riding crop (i.e. "beating") is pointlessly cruel to the animal.

So while there are many "dead" horses on this board, none are the bloating stinking carcasses you might imagine them to be.

Reaction Score
Are you making a point that we can post more Ollie NBA threads?

Ghz

Reaction Score
Are you making a point that we can post more Ollie NBA threads?
My point was only to educate. No one with a post count as low as mine should presume to be a gate keeper for content on this board. Do I have a position on all the NBA speculation? Well let's just say I am no fan of animal cruelty.

Reaction Score
My point was only to educate. No one with a post count as low as mine should presume to be a gate keeper for content on this board. Do I have a position on all the NBA speculation? Well let's just say I am no fan of animal cruelty.
Thanks

Reaction Score
Ghz said:
drop some knowledge about dead horses.

I love this post, just for this one line alone. Not every day you find someone dropping dead horse knowledge.

Seabiscuit is dead, so that whole book/movie was chock full of dead horse knowledge. But about a specific dead horse - perhaps not much could be gleaned from that book/movie that would apply to dead horses universally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin