OT Baylor vs Texas WBB Game | The Boneyard

OT Baylor vs Texas WBB Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Deal for Baylor Students. More schools should do the same.

CYkiVEoWQAEyP-v.jpg

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
We do something similar for fans at SC. Students have the option of going as well.

We took four buses to Duke last year for the "takeover" of Cameron Indoor. We had eight or nine buses in Greensboro for regionals..

I agree, more schools should do this women's and men's college basketball.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Speaking of Baylor; they struggled to beat West Virginia last night. West Virginia looked good but Baylor did not. I believe Texas will beat them this weekend. They can match Baylor's size and that is Baylor's strength. However, they will have to contain Baylor's point guard.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Speaking of Baylor; they struggled to beat West Virginia last night. West Virginia looked good but Baylor did not. I believe Texas will beat them this weekend. They can match Baylor's size and that is Baylor's strength. However, they will have to contain Baylor's point guard.

I checked the envelope for the results of this game........I got nothing. I agree that Texas has the size to match up with Baylor. Texas also had the size to match up with UConn last year. How'd that work out?

We don't know which Texas team will show up. The one that's been dominating their opponents this year, or the one that took the floor against the Huskies last season. I know last year was last year, but they had been running rough shod over their opponents last year until they played UConn.

It's hard to get a feel on them this year. They played such a "soft" OOC schedule this season, we'll have to wait until they play another 5-6 conference games before we can make an educated assessment on just how good they are this year.

I understand that Baylor has added 2 freshmen post players this season ( Beatrice Mompremier at 6'4" & Kalani Brown at 6'7"), making them a lot more formidable at guarding the rim this year, and deeper at that position.

I am of the opinion that Oklahoma State (won 52-45 on 12/30/15) and the Texas Longhorns are the only 2 programs in the big 12 that can beat Baylor. The rest of the teams in that conference are nothing more than "chum" in a shark tank for the bears. It will be the game of the day on ESPN this Sunday. I plan to watch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Which one ... Lex looked a lot better commanding the offense than Niya Johnson. I think Baylor wins by double digits. Texas guards are NOT ready for Baylor guards.

Reaction Score
I checked the envelope for the results of this game...I got nothing. I agree that Texas has the size to match up with Baylor. Texas also had the size to match up with UConn last year. How'd that work out?

We don't know which Texas team will show up. The one that's been dominating their opponents this year, or the one that took the floor against the Huskies last season. I know last year was last year, but they had been running rough shod over their opponents last year until they played UConn.

It's hard to get a feel on them this year. They played such a "soft" OOC schedule this season, we'll have to wait until they play another 5-6 conference games before we can make an educated assessment on just how good they are this year.

I understand that Baylor has added 2 freshmen post players this season ( Beatrice Mompremier at 6'4" & Kalani Brown at 6'7"), making them a lot more formidable at guarding the rim this year, and deeper at that position.

I am of the opinion that Oklahoma State (won 52-45 on 12/30/15) and the Texas Longhorns are the only 2 programs in the big 12 that can beat Baylor. The rest of the teams in that conference are nothing more than "chum" in a shark tank for the bears. It will be the game of the day on ESPN this Sunday. I plan to watch.
Texas last year only "ran rough shod" over their opponents before their best player Empekali (sp?) was lost for the season due to injury - I think they started 11-0. After that they really struggled, especially because the had a lot of injuries (something like 57 games missed by various players). I actually give Aston a lot of credit because at one point they had two starters and 4 total players out with injury, had lost 5 of 6, and she managed to get them back on the winning track prior to the NCAA's. I think OK has some talent, but almost no size, so they won't challenge (maybe N. Mulkey will help there next year). I pick TX to win 2 out of three from Baylor, assuming they meet in the conference tourney.

Reaction Score
Texas will beat Baylor.
Who will come off the bench for Baylor.
They way Texas run. She will have to play player's,
that have not hit the floor that much this year.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Texas reminds me of last year before all the injuries hampered them.

Aston has them headed in the right direction

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm not seeing much from Texas at this point, but question - what kind of player does a full face of makeup - foundation blush, eye liner and tons of mascara? That's just bizarre... I could see doing your face up to the 9's for your team photo or something, but for an actual game??

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not sure about the foul situation on the back court for Texas as that would be the only explanation as to why Tasia Foman is playing so much.

Reaction Score
Texas looks like they are going to lose this game, but Karen Astin has shown teams how to really stifle the Baylor offense and stay close- face guard Niya Johnson every second when she has the ball on offense and stay all over her. Make easy passes difficult. The 5'4" Brook McCarty is doing an incredible job, not denying her the ball, but making it very difficult for Johnson to make even one slick pass when she has it. The other Baylor kids rely on Johnson to get them the ball in good scoring position and don't look great when she can't.

Without Johnson distributing the ball effectively (she had one assist all game!), Baylor's offense is limited to the break- in the half court they are completely bogged down when Johnson is so tightly defender. Great job defensively by McCarty, her defense was outstanding. And good strategy by Astin to keep the game 'close' against a team that seemed to have a lot more talent.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Texas looks like they are going to lose this game, but Karen Astin has shown teams how to really stifle the Baylor offense and stay close- face guard Niya Johnson every second when she has the ball on offense and stay all over her. Make easy passes difficult. The 5'4" Brook McCarty is doing an incredible job, not denying her the ball, but making it very difficult for Johnson to make even one slick pass when she has it. The other Baylor kids rely on Johnson to get them the ball in good scoring position and don't look great when she can't.

Without Johnson distributing the ball effectively (she had one assist all game!), Baylor's offense is limited to the break- in the half court they are completely bogged down when Johnson is so tightly defender. Great job defensively by McCarty, her defense was outstanding. And good strategy by Astin to keep the game 'close' against a team that seemed to have a lot more talent.

Baylor just scored 80 points to beat the #4 team in the nation by 13 points on their home court and you are singing the praises of how Texas "stifled" Baylor. I guess we all see things the way we want to see them.

No offense to Moriah Jefferson, but today Alexis Jones looked like the best guard in the country. What a spectacular performance!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm not seeing much from Texas at this point, but question - what kind of player does a full face of makeup - foundation blush, eye liner and tons of mascara? That's just bizarre... I could see doing your face up to the 9's for your team photo or something, but for an actual game??

Sanders has done that her entire career. Maybe similar to Tina Thompson wearing bright red lipstick for every game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Texas will beat Baylor.
Who will come off the bench for Baylor.
They way Texas run. She will have to play player's,
that have not hit the floor that much this year.

You must not have watched Baylor very much this year.

Reaction Score
Like I said an a earlier thread Texas guards would NOT be ready for Baylor guards. Alexis jones has faced many of those guards her entire career. I knew she would perform. 29 in a big game. She's back!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Like I said an a earlier thread Texas guards would NOT be ready for Baylor guards. Alexis jones has faced many of those guards her entire career. I knew she would perform. 29 in a big game. She's back!!

Jones was unstoppable. She has been getting more and more comfortable each game and today she just took over. What a performance!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
This is the kid who was so frustrated she wouldn't shake Geno's hand?
Lot's of talent, let's see if she shows up when B eventually plays us
(if they get that far)...possible...

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I don't see either of these teams in the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Baylor just scored 80 points to beat the #4 team in the nation by 13 points on their home court and you are singing the praises of how Texas "stifled" Baylor. I guess we all see things the way we want to see them.

No offense to Moriah Jefferson, but today Alexis Jones looked like the best guard in the country. What a spectacular performance![/
Mighty Mite is the best field general in the game and does so many more things on both ends of the court which is why she is such a big contributor even when she doesn't pour in a lot of points. She is the best guard wbb. Jones did look great today as did Nina Davis and that duo will test us if we meet them in March. Not sure how we will match up aganst them defensively...perhaps Gabby will see a lot more minutes.As for who is the second best guard in wbb don't rule out Courtny Mitchell or Kelsey Mitchell....yes Kelsey Mitchell. True Uconn shut her down but that was really atypical. She was awesome in the Maryland game especially in the second half when she absolutely took over the game against a good defensive team and came up big in clutch. That was as a good a performance as was Jones' performance today.

Reaction Score

No spitting match eric but it is a different world than it was a short time ago. Maybe she got a complex when her parents thought they were having a boy but were surprised and went with the name Brady anyway. She may have wanted to get back or maintain a girly image after playing a couple seasons of tackle football not sure. Some are trying to cover up acne problems and the eye make up simply goes with their routine of the facial cover. Either way she is a kick player on the floor. ;) Here are some of her many looks over the past 4yrs that may explain it is just part of her personality. http://www.texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5967&path=wbball Also a lot of insight into her personal life.
Again not being slanderous towards you but many would find a cat in a sweater bizarre.

Sanders has done that her entire career. Maybe similar to Tina Thompson wearing bright red lipstick for every game.
Can't tell if Dennis has the mascara on in this one or not :D.
http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/player/Dennis_Rodman/autographed-basketball-photos/

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Good win for Baylor. This game reminded me how stacked Baylor is going to be next year. Mulkey has an impressive thing going down in Waco..

Jones and Johnson compliment eachother so well. Nina Davis plus that post rotation.. HUGE.

Reaction Score
I found this game hard to watch. Texas play horrible defense. The guards did not fight over picks, and there was no switching. Baylor guards were very effective off the picks. Texas also had a great deal of difficulty handling the basketball, and had an assist to turnover ratio of 1:2.1 (not that Baylor's was a lot better at 0.73:1).

Neither team looked really good, and it was not the quality of the defense.

Reaction Score
This is the kid who was so frustrated she wouldn't shake Geno's hand?
Lot's of talent, let's see if she shows up when B eventually plays us
(if they get that far)...possible...
There's NO way you're talking about Alexis Jones, so who exactly are you speaking of? Lol. Let the kids have their moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom