OT: Basement floors | The Boneyard

OT: Basement floors

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Since I got banned from the college sports thread, Does anyone know of any good contractors for finishing basement floors?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is it already poured cement? I did a section of our basement last year with a couple gallons of special flooring paint from Lowe’s and sprinkled the little flecks on it when doing the final coat. Came out great and was easy as hell.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Is it already poured cement? I did a section of our basement last year with a couple gallons of special flooring paint from Lowe’s and sprinkled the little flecks on it when doing the final coat. Came out great and was easy as hell.
I’ll have to double check, but I believe it’s not smooth concrete - unfinished and gets damp at times

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I’ll have to double check, but I believe it’s not smooth concrete - unfinished and gets damp at times
Mine wasn't perfectly smooth so I filled some pockmarks with spackle, it was too rough and uneven overall to put tile or linoleum down. It used to have outdoor carpeting on it but do to periodic water seepage I wanted something easier to maintain.

Reaction Score
I used 2 coats of Murelo epoxy. Had to wash the concrete floor 3-4 times to be sure the dirt was removed. Years later - fantastic! No dust, and looks great.

Another part of basement floor had asbestos tiles that were popping out, so I removed. Since the glue may have absorbed asbestos, prepping that part of floor would be a mess worthy of the EPS. So I put tile over it.

Reaction Score
I installed a floor in a large basement office.i put down 2 coats of drylock paint,pvc strips 1 foot apart,4by8 plywood floor on top,plastic underlayment ,pergo flooring,came out great,6 years now holding up like new supporting heavy office desks and file cabinets

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Going to get a quote and see what they would do. Maybe it would be possible to do it myself

Reaction Score
You’re probably gonna get quoted at about $10/sq ft if the contractors are using commercial grade polyurea (much better/stronger/longer lasting, pretty much bulletproof and will last a lifetime,than regular epoxy). Sounds like probably need a moisture vapor barrier also put down prior to coating the floor that may raise the price slightly

Reaction Score
I’m finishing mine now. Connecticut Basement Systems; using faux walnut synthetic flooring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom