OT:B12 talking of expansion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT:B12 talking of expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We aren't going into the Big 12 unless they did a huge expansion of 4-6 teams and I highly doubt that's happening. BYU and Cincy fans have to feeling a little bit better about themselves this week.

Reaction Score
Most likely scenario:
B12 adds Cincy and Memphis
AAC adds Northwestern Maine State and Rhode Island School of Design
I don't know about NMS. But RISD would be interesting
There BB team is known as the Balls and their mascot is named Scrotie.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 30
Reaction Score
Best case scenario would be B12 goes east, takes UConn and Cincy. Who knows what happens, but if the B12 shows interest in UConn, maybe the B1G or ACC finally come calling...

IMO, best case scenario is the B12 poaches teams from the ACC or B1G (unlikely) and we fill the opening. B12 is not my preference, but it beats AAC.
Also, mere concerns/rumors of B12 expanding could cause other conferences to be proactive.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Most likely scenario:
B12 adds Cincy and Memphis
AAC adds Northwestern Maine State and Rhode Island School of Design
UConn Football still goes 1-7 in conference. :oops:

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Could the Big 12 poach any ACC schools? I think we're a better fit in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Could the Big 12 poach any ACC schools? I think we're a better fit in the ACC.
I'm better fit on the beach with a 12 pack of Goose Island and Charlotte McKinney by my side. If only everything worked out exactly as we see fit. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If UCF is getting picked, then the BIG 12 has no choice but to choose UConn. How could they break the historic civil conflict apart?!

Reaction Score
We aren't going into the Big 12 unless they did a huge expansion of 4-6 teams and I highly doubt that's happening. BYU and Cincy fans have to feeling a little bit better about themselves this week.
The only way the B12 makes sense if they added those seems somewhere close to the east coast and that isn't happening.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
UConn Football still goes 1-7 in conference. :oops:

If we don't win at least four uconn football is a lost cause! New big east here we come!

Reaction Score
Based on past results, the Big 12 will take whichever combination of AAC schools (excluding us) most diminishes the conference-- not intentionally, that's just what would be the worst possible outcome for us.

Reaction Score
If we don't win at least four uconn football is a lost cause! New big east here we come!
If your going to do that why not thr B1G or ACC
There is no rule that you have to participate in every sport
If your going to dump football why not think a little bigger

Reaction Score
If your going to do that why not thr B1G or ACC
There is no rule that you have to participate in every sport
If your going to dump football why not think a little bigger

This would be wishful thinking. Without FB none of these conf would touch us. Of course we could say - and sign- that we are willing to forgo all revenues assoc with FB. A real 2nd class citizen. No way.

Reaction Score
This would be wishful thinking. Without FB none of these conf would touch us. Of course we could say - and sign- that we are willing to forgo all revenues assoc with FB. A real 2nd class citizen. No way.
Does John Hopkins think the're second class ,no they think they are part of the B1G
Which encompasses more benefits than just athletics.
If football fails, which right now looks like a good bet. We will have to evaluate our position.
You think we would be better dropping football and going to the NBE or A10.
Our substantial non football programs worth is currently diminished by our football team and the Company we are forced to keep because of that team.
Marquee Matchups garner revenue. A UConn vs any top team game is worth more than our entire current league schedule.
We our currently making $2miilion a year. Thats less than we were making with our tier three revenue. If the AAC is raided the current contract could even be negotiated downward.
Fox pays the NBE $4million.
You don't believe the B1G would pay us substantially more than that . Maybe even 5 times more. Especially if UConn BB ,hockey,and soccer are part of their next negotiations.
Our football team is on the clock ,if they don't show signs of life soon the status quo will insure the diminishment of all athletics.
Our football quest reminds me of the hunting technique used by natives to hunt monkeys.
The hunters make a small hole and put a goody (football)in a old hardened termite, mound. The hole is large enough for the monkey to put his hand through.
But when the bait is in the monkeys grasp the hole is too small to allow him to remove it. The trapped monkey being too greedy to let go of the treat is then easy victim to the waiting hunter. Let's not let greed and false pride destroy us.

Reaction Score
Does John Hopkins think the're second class ,no they think they are part of the B1G
Which encompasses more benefits than just athletics.
If football fails, which right now looks like a good bet. We will have to evaluate our position.
You think we would be better dropping football and going to the NBE or A10.
Our substantial non football programs worth is currently diminished by our football team and the Company we are forced to keep because of that team.
Marquee Matchups garner revenue. A UConn vs any top team game is worth more than our entire current league schedule.
We our currently making $2miilion a year. Thats less than we were making with our tier three revenue. If the AAC is raided the current contract could even be negotiated downward.
Fox pays the NBE $4million.
You don't believe the B1G would pay us substantially more than that . Maybe even 5 times more. Especially if UConn BB ,hockey,and soccer are part of their next negotiations.
Our football team is on the clock ,if they don't show signs of life soon the status quo will insure the diminishment of all athletics.
Our football quest reminds me of the hunting technique used by natives to hunt monkeys.
The hunters make a small hole and put a goody (football)in a old hardened termite, mound. The hole is large enough for the monkey to put his hand through.
But when the bait is in the monkeys grasp the hole is too small to allow him to remove it. The trapped monkey being too greedy to let go of the treat is then easy victim to the waiting hunter. Let's not let greed and false pride destroy us.

I have never seen US as a fitting in the B12- and think it would be akin to being stuck out there in left field (WV a case)- lots of $$, however, and in the end we may be just like BU in the ACC). We are not JHU and will, probably, never be. They are in for one sport only(?)- a non revenue one of course. I suspect their assoc is more about prestige- academics: a pipeline of grant money running from Baltimore to DC for any and everything. Also, a school like Uconn cannot just parceled up its athletics to fit in any box- what if we have to leave the conf (B10/12)? Do we add/eliminate to meet the needs of the others. I'm not a great FB fan, but you are way more neg. then the situation at hand. I would worry more about bb, graduate transfers and KO have saved out but for now; a mere slip and it would be hard to get up without wobbying the ship. Our FB program is being built- starting with the culture that goes with the sport. If you go to any of the big fb schools it doesn't matter if you are 1-10, the stadiums are fulled every Saturday. Not one of these schools would seriously talk about dropping fb. That is culture. We do not yet have it here in Conn. Here fb is a cover for every angst we can imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom