• Galaxy S7 Edge

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Nexus 6P vs Galaxy S7 vs. Galaxy S7 Edge. Who ya got? I'm finally growing up from budget/midrange phones (I liked the first Moto X, hated the 2nd generation Moto G) and need to decide between a Nexus and one of the Galaxys. For me, battery life, general ease of use would be highest priorities, voice commands (i.e. when driving) would be a plus, camera quality, performance for things like games less of a priority.

I'm not an apple person so don't even go there.

Reaction Score
Nexus 6P vs Galaxy S7 vs. Galaxy S7 Edge. Who ya got? I'm finally growing up from budget/midrange phones (I liked the first Moto X, hated the 2nd generation Moto G) and need to decide between a Nexus and one of the Galaxys. For me, battery life, general ease of use would be highest priorities, voice commands (i.e. when driving) would be a plus, camera quality, performance for things like games less of a priority.

I'm not an apple person so don't even go there.

I just buy the smallest smart phone I can. I remember when RAZR's were cool because they were so small. I hate these huge screens and bricks that take up your whole pocket

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have an S7. Wanted the S7 edge but couldn't justify the addition cost for 0.5" more screen.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I just buy the smallest smart phone I can. I remember when RAZR's were cool because they were so small. I hate these huge screens and bricks that take up your whole pocket
I went with the iPhone 5s while getting my wife the 6 because of that. As it is now I have one personal cell and one work cell to carry around.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I've got a Samsung Galaxy S3 that still works. I guess that says something about the Galaxy's durability

Husky25

Reaction Score
I've got a Samsung Galaxy S3 that still works. I guess that says something about the Galaxy's durability
Upgraded to the 7 from the 3. Had my GS3 for well over 3 years. The 7 can do a lot more, has better cameras, and still makes awesome phone calls. You can actually hear the person on the other side with more clarity than the GS3.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Love my S7 edge, can't go wrong with regular S7 though.

Reaction Score

I still have my Motorola RAZRM and love it for the exact reasons you state.

Reaction Score
Don't buy any of the Edges. They're awful. They're not as up to par spec wise to S7 and the glass cracks way to easy (even from just keeping it in your pocket).

You have to ask yourself do you want only android OS on you phone without a lot of bloatware? If the answer is yes the 6P is you best choice. Plus it allows you to switch to Google's cell phone service which I believe uses T-Mobile's and Sprint's networks.

If you want a phone that simple, easy to use and don't care about bloatware, go with the S7. It's a great phone and will do everything you want it to and then some without. It is a little bit more user friendly than the 6P, but if you're not put off that the 6P is probably the best of the three

Reaction Score
I like my Nexus 6 because you get the purest Android experience and Google will keep you updated way faster than Samsung will. And they won't end-of-life your phone as quickly. But the Galaxy 7 hardware is almost certainly superior. So it's sort of a toss-up.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well I guess I'm indecisive.:confused: At least they're close, I guess. If the Nexus came with microSD card support (instead of having to shell out more for a bigger HD) that might sway me... right now I'm thinking it might be worth the extra quid for the slightly better battery life and RAM on the S7.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I'm still using mine going on 4 years, but I find myself having to be very liberal with the term "works".

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I LOVED my S3 and then when it was time to upgrade I got the S5 and I hate it. I mean I loath this phone. My wife is in the same boat as me and we've both been counting down the days until we can upgrade again without hassle. Still gotta wait until January....

Don't get rid of your S3 for as long as you can hold out. I love android phones but the S5 has me considering switching over to an iPhone.....maybe when I start researching I might be swayed to get the S7

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I LOVED my S3 and then when it was time to upgrade I got the S5 and I hate it. I mean I loath this phone. My wife is in the same boat as me and we've both been counting down the days until we can upgrade again without hassle. Still gotta wait until January....

Don't get rid of your S3 for as long as you can hold out. I love android phones but the S5 has me considering switching over to an iPhone.....maybe when I start researching I might be swayed to get the S7
Sound like my parents with their S5s, haha.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I heard something similar about the S5 (and the S4 for that matter). There just wasn't a big enough difference to justify the upgrade and as if Samsung loaded it with programs that were not yet ready for primetime. That is not the case with the S7, IMO. On the other hand, perhaps my jump was significant enough that I notice the superiority of the S7 over the S3 more I also loved my S3. Had it for over 3 years.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I heard something similar about the S5 (and the S4 for that matter). There just wasn't a big enough difference to justify the upgrade and as if Samsung loaded it with programs that were not yet ready for primetime. That is not the case with the S7, IMO. On the other hand, perhaps my jump was significant enough that I notice the superiority of the S7 over the S3 more I also loved my S3. Had it for over 3 years.
That's good to hear because I'd love to stick with a Samsung I just couldn't stand my current phone. If I could do it again I'd have kept my S3 longer and when upgrading would have gone with a different brand perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom