(OT) Andre fouled 12 straight times | Page 2 | The Boneyard

(OT) Andre fouled 12 straight times

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
It is a smart decision, particularly for a bad defensive team like Houston. If you foul a 36% FT shooter, the expected PPP is 0.72. Houston's defensive PPP is 1.055 when they actually try to guard. So essentially, their expected defensive efficiency goes up by 0.335 PPP when they use this strategy.

Reaction Score
It's head scratching how some are so bad at shooting free throws. They have the best coaching and I'm sure he practices enough. It's a repetitive action. I just don't get it. Especially how bad Andre's misses are.

Question about Rodney's fts. Has he always just Bounced the ball once and then shot? I wish he would take a bit longer at the line but maybe the longer he's there the less confident he feels. I really feel a little tweak in his setup could yield better results

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
learn to shoot free throws and the fouling stops. It's that simple.

Andre should shoot at least 500 per day, every single day in the off-season. 150 every day of the season

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Intentionally breaking the rules to get a competitive advantage is cheating.

caw

Reaction Score
was he fouled any time he touched the ball? didn't see the game

Most of the fouls were immediately after the Pistons inbound the ball. KJ McDaniels played less than a minute of game time in the 3Q and picked up 5 fouls. Montrelz picked up 4-5 also in a bit more time (mostly because he was in during the fourth when the Pistons were blowing them out).

I had less of a problem with this than I had with what the Clippers did (fouling during the last two minutes during a FT rebound to get around the rule. That was blatantly finding a loophole and the way it was done could have been dangerous. The Rockets did it in a way that wasn't going to hurt Andre.

Felt a bit bad for McDaniels, he looked embarrassed as heck to be in the game solely to foul.

Reaction Score
Whether or not someone can make free throws is beside the point. This rule ruins the game and slows it down. Is it smart? Sure but it ruins the game and slows it down while turning off the casual or even refused watching fan
It kind of a take off on Rodney Dangerfield's hockey joke "I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out". Except this would be "I went to a basketball game the other night and a baseball game broke out".

Reaction Score
Until Drummond shows that he can be slightly better than a poor free throw shooter, teams will continue to do this. I just dont understand how professsional basketball players can be that bad of a free throw shooter. You dont need massive amounts of talent to be good a shooting free throws. There are 8-10 year old kids that can shoot free throws with better form and better percentage than him. I just dont understand
He was a bum, overrated with us, and still is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom