OT-All Current and Former Baseball Fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT-All Current and Former Baseball Fans

Reaction Score
All those names bring back a lot of memories. I'm sure I had all those great cards, but in the late fiftys I lost most of them playing "Topsys or Against the wall". I never thought of collecting them in their original condition. BTW, my favorite player was Roberto Clemente, Mr. aches and pains. Curious, where did everyone see their first MLB game, and when? For me, I believe it was 1963, saw the Mets play the Cubs at the Polo grounds. Mets lost 5-1, with Ernie Banks homering for the Cubies.
Jarry park montreal 1973 bob bailey hit walk off homer

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Regarding first game, not 100% sure. In 1968 I think, when Joe DiMaggio was coaching with the Oakland A's. That's why my parents went.

They were not great game goers.

Reaction Score
All those names bring back a lot of memories. I'm sure I had all those great cards, but in the late fiftys I lost most of them playing "Topsys or Against the wall". I never thought of collecting them in their original condition. BTW, my favorite player was Roberto Clemente, Mr. aches and pains. Curious, where did everyone see their first MLB game, and when? For me, I believe it was 1963, saw the Mets play the Cubs at the Polo grounds. Mets lost 5-1, with Ernie Banks homering for the Cubies.
Right there with you on Roberto Clemente, growing up in Pittsburgh I just loved watching him play the game and was heartbroken by his untimely death. I never felt the same way about another baseball player and never really came back as a fan after the strike. My attention shifted clear across the country as I became an avid Laker’s fan.

Reaction Score
First game was at Yankee Stadium in the 50’s. I was probably 8 or 9. Great corporate box seats. I’ll never forget seeing Micky Mantle, Yogi Berra and Whitey Ford and thinking, boy do they look a lot younger than I imagined.

Reaction Score
The players of today as they hit the majors still look young. But, they are much bigger than yesteryear. There were exceptions like Gene Conely of Phils, Ted Kluzewski of the Reds, Moose Skowron of the Yankees. Please ignore spelling.:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom