OT: ACC Tournament to D.C. in 2016 | The Boneyard

OT: ACC Tournament to D.C. in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Anyone else hear the ACC is moving their conference tournament to D.C. in 2016? This is either: (i) a big to UMD; (ii) a way to agitate and activate the part of the UMD fan-base that doesn't want to leave the ACC, or (iii) a combination of the above. I think the B1G / ACC war is just getting warmed up for the east coast.

Reaction Score
Makes sense. While holding it in Charlotte or whereever in NC tickles the balls of tobacco road, it might as well be on the moon to the rest of their conference, and the rest of the country for that matter.

Reaction Score
I think (i). They have held it there before I think but it didn't work as well. I imagine that will be the case this time, too. These things always look better on paper than they actually work in practice.

Reaction Score
I'm in. Love to get down there. Just need the Huskies to be invited.

Reaction Score
Anyone else hear the ACC is moving their conference tournament to D.C. in 2016? This is either: (i) a big to UMD; (ii) a way to agitate and activate the part of the UMD fan-base that doesn't want to leave the ACC, or (iii) a combination of the above. I think the B1G / ACC war is just getting warmed up for the east coast.
Why is everything about CR with you? It is absurd.

It is neither. Greensboro is no longer the best venue for it given the new teams.

Compromise between NYC and NC.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
How is it absurd to think that two conferences, with 14-15 multi-billion dollar institutions, operating under multi-billion dollar contracts, who have recently been trying to (and sometimes succeeding at) poaching one anothers members aren't constantly thinking about cr themselves?

Reaction Score
How is it absurd to think that two conferences, with 14-15 multi-billion dollar institutions, operating under multi-billion dollar contracts, who have recently been trying to (and sometimes succeeding at) poaching one anothers members aren't constantly thinking about cr themselves?
I am sure they are thinking about, but not every move is done because of it. The ACC tournament was always moving once the new members came, the old school teams wanted NC and the new teams wanted NYC, this is a middle ground in the nation's capital where they can promote the conference.

I hate the ACC, but this was a great move by them if they could not get into NYC

Reaction Score
It was done for three reasons. To make the tourny more accessible for the fans of the new schools(Virginia and Va Tech love it also), To keep the ACC brand relevant in the fertile DMV recruiting area and as a big to Maryland.

The tourny has been in other locations besides NC in recent years, including DC in '05, Fla in '07 and Atlanta in '09 and '12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom