OT: A Funeral, DePaul, and Ketia Swanier | The Boneyard

OT: A Funeral, DePaul, and Ketia Swanier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So today I drove up to the Boston area for my godfather's memorial service. (He died at 88, having had Alzheimer's for the last ten years. It was time. ) As always, I cried; I chalk it up to being Greek. Afterwards, when asked how I got myself together (which I did periodically throughout the service), I said I just remembered Ketia Swanier dribbling the length of the floor of that awful DePaul game (late in the season: was it the Big East Tournament?). Down by one with seconds to go, she just cut through all defenders and made what turned out to be an easy basket to win the game. Each time I recalled that, I was able to stop crying.

I think my godfather would've smiled.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
So today I drove up to the Boston area for my godfather's memorial service. (He died at 88, having had Alzheimer's for the last ten years. It was time. ) As always, I cried; I chalk it up to being Greek. Afterwards, when asked how I got myself together (which I did periodically throughout the service), I said I just remembered Ketia Swanier dribbling the length of the floor of that awful DePaul game (late in the season: was it the Big East Tournament?). Down by one with seconds to go, she just cut through all defenders and made what turned out to be an easy basket to win the game. Each time I recalled that, I was able to stop crying.

I think my godfather would've smiled.

My condolences. I hope your godfather is now at peace.

The Swanier run starts about the 2 minute mark. However, the drama was far from over and the game far from won!

Reaction Score
Thanks, Biff. :)

I had forgotten the rest of that, conveniently.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
But according to the SEC guy (in another thread) DePaul stinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom