OT: 2017 Celebrity Death Pool | The Boneyard

OT: 2017 Celebrity Death Pool

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Never too soon to start one of these.

I'm going with her Majesty QEII. 90 years and severe respiratory issues rarely leads to positive outcomes.

Queen Elizabeth misses church due to 'heavy cold'

Buckingham Palace said the queen "does not yet feel ready to attend church as she is still recuperating from a heavy cold." There was no indication she is suffering from a more serious illness.

It was unusual for Elizabeth not to attend the service, long part of her New Year's Day routine. The inclement weather may have been a contributing factor in her decision to stay indoors. It was cold with a steady rain in the Norfolk area 110 miles (175 kilometers) north of London where the queen maintains a private estate called Sandringham.

Elizabeth also missed the Christmas church service last week for the first time in decades. She is recuperating out of the public eye in one of her favorite homes.

The 90-year-old queen, the longest reigning monarch in British history, had earlier delayed her departure for Sandringham for the Christmas holidays because both she and her husband, Prince Philip, were suffering from intense colds.

Reaction Score
I'm in but what are the rules? You need to be rewarded more if you have say, Johnny Manziel or Charlie Sheen vs. the Queen.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm in but what are the rules? You need to be rewarded more if you have say, Johnny Manziel or Charlie Sheen vs. the Queen.

I wouldn't begin to know how to make rules. Vox Populi!!!!!!

Although I question why you think any behavioral choices made by Charlie or Johnny would lend itself to long life.

Reaction Score
Typically you get points based on age. The number of points is 100 minus the age of the deceased. Everyone picks 10 people to start the year.

Reaction Score
My Dead Pool is:
Keith Richards
Jimmy Carter
Bob Dillan
Linda Carter
George W Bush
Diana Ross
Ozzy Ozborne
Joe Montana
Joe Namath
Barbra Bush

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm taking the easy money and body count over points. Nobody on this list under 90.

Olivia deHavilland
Professor Irwin Corey
Carol Channing
Doris Day
Monty Hall
Kirk Douglas
Nanette Fabray
Bill Macy
Larry Storch
Eva Marie Saint

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm taking the easy money and body count over points. Nobody on this list under 90.

Olivia deHavilland
Professor Irwin Corey
Carol Channing
Doris Day
Monty Hall
Kirk Douglas
Nanette Fabray
Bill Macy
Larry Storch
Eva Marie Saint

A key part of the game is they are supposed to be well-known for something by the general public. From you list I know Day, Hall and Douglas.

Reaction Score
A key part of the game is they are supposed to be well-known for something by the general public. From you list I know Day, Hall and Douglas.

Thinking there may be an age gap btwn you and Storrsroars.

You never watched F-Troup? (Larry Storch)
20.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Pretty much anyone over 50 would recognize every single one of 'em.

Stuff happened before your generation came along, y'know.

Olivia de Havilland - starred in GWTW, won two Oscars
Carol Channing - was the star of "Hello Dolly" (won Tony for it)
Nanette Fabray - two time Emmy winner, frequently on Hollywood Squares & Tonight Show
Bill Macy - took Navin Johnson's idea and made millions in The Jerk. Maude's husband.
Larry Storch - Corporal Agarn in F-Troop, famous enough to have played himself on Married With Children
Eva Marie Saint - Won an Oscar for On The Waterfront, Cary Grant's love interest in North By Northwest, Martha Kent in Superman Returns (so even you've probably seen her)
Professor Irwin Corey... a bit harder to explain. So we'll just link Wikipedia. Funny man.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Nanette Fabray - two time Emmy winner, frequently on Hollywood Squares & Tonight Show
Bill Macy - took Navin Johnson's idea and made millions in The Jerk. Maude's husband.
Larry Storch - Corporal Agarn in F-Troop, famous enough to have played himself on Married With Children
Eva Marie Saint - Won an Oscar for On The Waterfront, Cary Grant's love interest in North By Northwest, Martha Kent in Superman Returns (so even you've probably seen her)
Professor Irwin Corey... a bit harder to explain. So we'll just link Wikipedia. Funny man.
I knew all of the names. Many have been out of public view for so long I assumed they had already passed. I seriously thought about of the list was already gone.

Is professor Irwin Corey really still alive?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I knew all of the names. Many have been out of public view for so long I assumed they had already passed. I seriously thought about of the list was already gone.

Yep. He was still doing standup in clubs at 97. His last YTs were from 2014 (when he turned 100), but he's apparently still breathing.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

i knew all the names also...i have mixed feelings on this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thinking there may be an age gap btwn you and Storrsroars.

You never watched F-Troup? (Larry Storch)
View attachment 18171
You don't know Macy? That's just shameless.

Definitely a generation gap although I'm closer to 50 than I am 40. Even after Googling their names and bios only Macy brings back vague memories. I'd say mostly because they've fallen out of the limelight.

Florence Henderson dies? Yep, I'll know it.
Someone from "Alice"? Yep, I'll know it.

F-Troop, Broadway, GWTW or Maude? Not a chance.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I used to watch F Troop in syndication when I was a kid, but I'm 56 now. Ten years can make a big difference in popular culture.

Put me down for Donald Trump, natural causes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom