OT?: 1,000th Point In Last 8 Seconds (in overtime) | The Boneyard

OT?: 1,000th Point In Last 8 Seconds (in overtime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
By D'Arcy Maine | Mar 31, 2015 | espnW.com

"West Virginia was leading Villanova 73-67 with 7.9 seconds remaining in overtime on Sunday in a WNIT quarterfinal. And then something awesome happened.

Knowing that Wildcats senior Emily Leer had 999 career points, Mountaineers coach Mike Carey told his players to intentionally foul her so she could get to the free throw line. She managed to hit one of her two attempts and officially joined the 1,000-point club. West Virginia emerged victorious, 75-70, but sportsmanship was clearly the day's real winner."

[LINK] to story and video

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It might've been sportsmanship had the story not gotten out and WVU kept it to themselves.

Reaction Score
why doesn't every team just let the other team shoot and score/break the record, and tie at the end of the regulation time, and the real game starts at the overtime? Let each other break all sorts of school, NCAA records..everybody is happy, living in a Utopia world.
While I think it is a very considerate gesture, I just don't think that is a sportsmanship. It is one thing that you lend your opponents equipment so that they can compete on an even ground, let them score and compete at your mercy is not sport about. It is not fair..why if there is another person at 998, do you let them score 2?

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Or that Villanova could be involved in such a scam!!
Again.

Seriously though maybe it is just payback for Villanova. Then again, I wasn't in favor of it for Nykesha either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom