OSU's spring game | The Boneyard

OSU's spring game

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They just ran through yesterday's spring games on Sportscenter.

The Ohio State University held their spring game at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati (Bengal's home field).

Does this indicate some concern on their part that the Bearcats may actually be gaining some ground in that part of the state? I do remember seeing a stray UC home game on TV a decade ago where half the fans were dressed in OSU garb and OSU viewed all other Ohio schools as an afterthought in terms of football.

Reaction Score
When I lived in Ohio, mid 1980's, OSU charged $10 for a ticket to their spring game. And they usually had about 80,000 fans attend!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you were worried about Cincinnati... wouldn't you be a lot less worried about them in the AAC? Does Ohio State really care if Cincinnati gets in the Big 12? There are already so many schools recruiting the area that trying to worry about Cincinnati seems pointless.

As long as you have Urban Meyer... you are going to be in the hunt.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
OSU without a doubt owns their state for football just as we own ours for basketball. The only way they lose a recruit to Cincy is if the kid decides he's better off as the #1 recruit in UC's class than being #19, 20 or 21 in OSU's.

That said, I do find it curious that instead of holding this game in centrally located Columbus, it is instead in the southwest corner of their state. The only explanation I can see is that they want to stomp out an ant before it reaches the point that it becomes an actual nuisance.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
OSU without a doubt owns their state for football just as we own ours for basketball. The only way they lose a recruit to Cincy is if the kid decides he's better off as the #1 recruit in UC's class than being #19, 20 or 21 in OSU's.

That said, I do find it curious that instead of holding this game in centrally located Columbus, it is instead in the southwest corner of their state. The only explanation I can see is that they want to stomp out an ant before it reaches the point that it becomes an actual nuisance.

Maybe. I would guess it was just a play for their fans in that part of the state. If it bitchslaps Cincy at the same time I guess that's a bonus.

I'd just guess that Cincinnati is way down their list of schools to concern themselves with. At this point in the league it's Michigan and maybe Wisconsin and Nebraska. Their competition is really the SEC and Notre Dame with Meyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom