Oregon game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oregon game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Defense tightened up over the last 10 minutes, and the team finished with good energy. It's so tough to come back from these gigantic holes we put ourselves in, but I'm glad we're showing some real heart.

And I swear, if I get into an elevator with these refs, only one person is coming out. Walton might be tripping on LSD, but even he can see they are fn us...

I almost got kicked out the first game for giving the one old bastard a few words and gestures

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Would love to see an Ollie coached team come out with some swagger starting from the tip off. Really tired of the team starting every game with no energy and utterly befuddled on both offense and defense.

But I am really fed up with the refs crapping all over UCONN players without Ollie reacting. If this program is going to turn itself around then Ollie needs to show some toughness and heart in support of his team.

And when he gets T'ed up, I'll hear that it was the reason we lost, like someone had posted in the Oklahoma State thread...;)

Reaction Score
I almost got kicked out the first game for giving the one old bastard a few words and gestures
Not impressed unless we can see you arguing with a ref court side at MSG...our ref arguing standards are high.

Reaction Score
And when he gets T'ed up, I'll hear that it was the reason we lost, like someone had posted in the Oklahoma State thread...;)
he should push it with the refs and learn to slack off just before he gets teed up. Refs walk all over his players and he should not accept that so quietly. His mentor didn't.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
he should push it with the refs and learn to slack off just before he gets teed up. Refs walk all over his players and he should not accept that so quietly. His mentor didn't.

His mentor also got t'ed up plenty, too. Sometimes, you need that. But not down double digits fighting back into the game...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Another slow start to a half? How strange.

Can a second half start be blamed on game prep? Sometimes, players have to sack the fk up and stay aggressive. Sometimes, players have to own the way they play...

Reaction Score
Can a second half start be blamed on game prep? Sometimes, players have to sack the fk up and stay aggressive. Sometimes, players have to own the way they play...
No, but when you start every single half slow, it's fair to question it.

Reaction Score
who doesn't realize his limitations. Wish he would shoot less...a lot less.

Reaction Score
His mentor also got t'ed up plenty, too. Sometimes, you need that. But not down double digits fighting back into the game...
your right this far down, but he never does it and that lack of action is hurting his team. He should act like a coach and show some leadership from the sidelines.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
No, but when you start every single half slow, it's fair to question it.

Again, a second half start? How do these kids fall asleep again? Normally, that's the sign of a lack of a floor leader. Jalen's getting there, though...

Reaction Score
Yea I think Vital will be a better version of Austrie. I don't even hate his shot selection because some of are guys are too timid but KO should reign him in a little. Unfortunately will Alterique's he is going to be getting more minutes than he can handle this year.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Disagree with this a lot. He's just having his worst game so far. Imagine us not having him right now with all the injuries, I shutter to think of that.

Reaction Score
That the strong move purvis should be doing all the time. He needs to Lee his game simple. Don't dribble with his left, don't take mid range shots and cut down on the 3 pointers.

Just needs to keep overpowering opposing guards and take it to the rim with his right hand.

Reaction Score
He is a freshman playing in his 6th game, give it a break. You are going to see a lot of him for the rest of the year, get happy.

Reaction Score
Would love to see an Ollie coached team come out with some swagger starting from the tip off. Really tired of the team starting every game with no energy and utterly befuddled on both offense and defense.

But I am really fed up with the refs crapping all over UCONN players without Ollie reacting. If this program is going to turn itself around then Ollie needs to show some toughness and heart in support of his team.
We, UConn is not going to get the calls anymore like we did in the old Big East days. Remember, we are now the mid-major program going up against the P5 big boys. All this means is that UConn will just need to play harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom