Oregon game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oregon game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The lack of pride is simply astounding.

Ollie isn't much for Xs and Os, but if he can't even get guys to play hard for him, what does he bring to the table?

Reaction Score
Talk about living in a bubble.
Smart would have easily come to UConn when JC retired. He turned down the Illinois job a year before, many saying in hopes JC may retire that next year. JC stubbornness was the only reason Shaka isn't our coach right now.

Reaction Score
How did it take KO 5.25 games to realize putting Vance and Jalen in a pick n roll would work well? Christ. It's amazing; when we screen we get good looks

Reaction Score
Smart would have easily come to UConn when JC retired. He turned down the Illinois job a year before, many saying in hopes JC may retire that next year. JC stubbornness was the only reason Shaka isn't our coach right now.

Texas has lost two straight. Not like Shaka has blown anyone away the past 4 years

Reaction Score

Not my point. Shaka looks to be a great recruiter whose team has underperformed. Sounds familiar?

Reaction Score
Not my point. Shaka looks to be a great recruiter whose team has underperformed. Sounds familiar?

Fine. Shaka preaches defense though. There teams are at least prepared.

Reaction Score
Shaka is overrated, he might even be a worse offensive coach than Ollie.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why couldn't Brimah have done this against ranked teams last year?

Reaction Score

Shaka's resume doesn't really match his reputation IMO.

Reaction Score
I'm really gonna miss Brimah and purvis in the future. Gonna enjoy every second of them this year.

Reaction Score
We play great D three times in a row and give up 3 straight offensive rebounds.

Reaction Score
Vital is not great at this point in his career, but it looks like he's trying. I can't always say the same for everyone else.

Reaction Score
I was hoping to get it back to 10. Looks like it's going to be 11. I'll take it.

Not a lot of energy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Defense tightened up over the last 10 minutes, and the team finished with good energy. It's so tough to come back from these gigantic holes we put ourselves in, but I'm glad we're showing some real heart.

And I swear, if I get into an elevator with these refs, only one person is coming out. Walton might be tripping on LSD, but even he can see they are us...

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Vital is not great at this point in his career, but it looks like he's trying. I can't always say the same for everyone else.
Jackson also. These are kids put in man's shoes quick.

Reaction Score
Would love to see an Ollie coached team come out with some swagger starting from the tip off. Really tired of the team starting every game with no energy and utterly befuddled on both offense and defense.

But I am really fed up with the refs crapping all over UCONN players without Ollie reacting. If this program is going to turn itself around then Ollie needs to show some toughness and heart in support of his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom