Reaction Score
March - TPC
April- The Master's
May- PGA
June- US Open
July- Open
Aug- FedEx
Sep- Ryder Cup
I know the schedule. No one cares about the fedex cup. Need a late summer big tournament - last chance saloon and put it on the west coast for weather and prime time. Can’t leave it in mid July with nothing left. Ryder cup is every other year

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know the schedule. No one cares about the fedex cup. Need a late summer big tournament - last chance saloon and put it on the west coast for weather and prime time. Can’t leave it in mid July with nothing left. Ryder cup is every other year

Well the PGA Tour has learned, just like every other sports entity, you need to be wrapped up with Sunday events by Labor Day, due to the NFL.

They have figured it out.

FedEx Cup overall isn't much, but the final event, the Tour Championship (Great job Happy Gilmore) should get any golf fans attention. Top 30 players in the world and playing for a huge purse.

And, truth be told, Ryder Cup is more like once every 4 years as ratings are way lower in the US the years when it is played in Europe.

It's fine. Even with a mid-July finish, you have March, April, May, June, July. That's five months of solid attention of sports fans. How many other sports stay in the sports fans' attention for more than 5 months?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
36 putts by Rory is all you need to know. The mullet can flat out use the flat stick. The par from behind the bunker on 17 was an unbelievable 4 and the winner.

On 17 the announcers made mention how Rory's putt would die right at the end and most players misread the putt and miss it right. Camera angle was great for the putt and Rory hit it 1-2 ball widths left of the cup. I was expecting the ball to drop right in to the cup and it stayed straight the whole time. Perfect pace and came to a halt left of the cup.

To me, that putt summed up the round for Rory's flatstick. It wasn't in the cards.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If someone told me before my next round that I'd two-putt every single hole, I'd happily take that.

Poor Rory. Starts the day with 4 stroke lead, hits every green in reg, shoots 2 under par, ends up 3rd. I hope he ties on a good drunk tonight.
The only way one can fee bad for Rory is because he is so overhyped by the media he has tons to pressure to win every major. I don’t feel bad for him at all. He’s a classic choke artist.

He feels like the (CBB) Michigan State of golf. Always drooled over by the media, can make it far in a tournament but can never finish the deal.

No doubt he will win another few majors in his career, but old man Phil and broken leg Tiger have major championships more recently than Rory who is in the prime of his career lmao.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
FedEx Cup overall isn't much, but the final event, the Tour Championship (Great job Happy Gilmore) should get any golf fans attention. Top 30 players in the world and playing for a huge purse.

More like 25 of the top 30, since 5 of the top 30 players are now playing the LIV Tour (including fan favorites Brooks, Bryson and DJ).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The only way one can fee bad for Rory is because he is so overhyped by the media he has tons to pressure to win every major. I don’t feel bad for him at all. He’s a classic choke artist.

He feels like the (CBB) Michigan State of golf. Always drooled over by the media, can make it far in a tournament but can never finish the deal.

No doubt he will win another few majors in his career, but old man Phil and broken leg Tiger have major championships more recently than Rory who is in the prime of his career lmao.

Rory definitely lacks the killer instinct and it has hurt him. He wasn't playing like a guy who needed to shoot 65 yesterday in order to win. Almost looked like he tried the equivalency of playing prevent defense in football.
He's a good dude and hasn't ever backed down from an interview or tough question.
A player his caliber in his prime not winning a championship for over 8 years does raise legit questions about his finishing skills.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
More like 25 of the top 30, since 5 of the top 30 players are now playing the LIV Tour (including fan favorites Brooks, Bryson and DJ).

True, the LIV is taking away some of the depth. Out of those five- DJ, Ancer, Westwood, Bryson and Brooks, none are in the Top-15. Only one of those capable of winning the FedEx right now would be DJ.

I have nothing against the LIV or those who have chosen to join it. Most are doing it for the more relaxed schedule and guaranteed money. So be it. And most are past their prime or on the back end of their prime. I'd be more concerned if more Talor Gooch's or the amateur, Chacarra signing than I would be about poaching current tour players.

Reaction Score
Rory definitely lacks the killer instinct and it has hurt him. He wasn't playing like a guy who needed to shoot 65 yesterday in order to win. Almost looked like he tried the equivalency of playing prevent defense in football.
He's a good dude and hasn't ever backed down from an interview or tough question.
A player his caliber in his prime not winning a championship for over 8 years does raise legit questions about his finishing skills.
He was playing not to lose instead of playing to win. That being said, it's hard to overstate how well Rory played in the majors this year. This is a Rory we haven't seen for a long time.

Reaction Score
He was playing not to lose instead of playing to win. That being said, it's hard to overstate how well Rory played in the majors this year. This is a Rory we haven't seen for a long time.
Exactly. He had a 4 shot lead over the penultimate group and since Hovland wasn’t playing well I’m sure he played conservatively since he didn’t expect a challenge. -6 on the final 9 by Cam was insane

Reaction Score
Exactly. He had a 4 shot lead over the penultimate group and since Hovland wasn’t playing well I’m sure he played conservatively since he didn’t expect a challenge. -6 on the final 9 by Cam was insane
Cam when he's not making boneheaded decisions (see hole 13 on Saturday....) is one of the few guys that is capable of running Rory down like that.

Reaction Score
Rory hit driver everywhere. What do you mean by conservative?

Reaction Score
He’s an average putter. That doesn’t work on the Tour.

Reaction Score
He’s an average putter. That doesn’t work on the Tour.
This is one heck of a hawt take. Rory is currently #3 in the world, was top ten in strokes gained putting average this season on the PGA tour, and finished 2, 3 (would have been T-2 if he didn't try to hole out yesterday on 18), T5, and 8 in the majors this year.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
This is one heck of a hawt take. Rory is currently #3 in the world, was top ten in strokes gained putting average this season on the PGA tour, and finished 2, 3 (would have been T-2 if he didn't try to hole out yesterday on 18), T5, and 8 in the majors this year.

Reaction Score
No love for Cam Young on the Yard but he showed up on Sunday.. Strong tournament for a PGA rookie
Kid is an absolute stud. Been watching him since he was 15 and was winning everything in sight in Westchester and Met Section. Very impressive player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom