OOC Scheduling - what's next? | The Boneyard

OOC Scheduling - what's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With Michigan now behind us and largely a successful event, who should we try to book going forward?

I'd like to see us go for the gold again - this time with a Penn St series. I know its a strech, but I would love to see a home and home series. If that doesnt work, we should suck it up and do the season opener at the Meadowlands that they like to do.

Elsewhere, it would be good to book a series with either Pitt, Syracuse or Rutgers. Its good for recruiting and for fan interest, in my opinion.

Looking further afield, maybe Randy would throw us a bone and keep the Maryland series going.

Reaction Score
Schools I would like to see at the Rent:

ACC: BC, Miami, Syracuse, Florida St., Clemson, Florida St.
Big 10: Rutgers, Penn St., Ohio St., Michigan St., Wisconsin, Nebraska
Big 12: West Virginia, Oklahoma, Texas
SEC: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee (already scheduled), LSU, Texas A&M, Arkansas, South Carolina
Pac 12: USC, Oregon, Stanford
Others: Notre Dame, Boise St. (already happening)

Reaction Score
Schools I would like to see at the Rent:

ACC: BC, Miami, Syracuse, Florida St., Clemson, Florida St.
Big 10: Rutgers, Penn St., Ohio St., Michigan St., Wisconsin, Nebraska
Big 12: West Virginia, Oklahoma, Texas
SEC: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee (already scheduled), LSU, Texas A&M, Arkansas, South Carolina
Pac 12: USC, Oregon, Stanford
Others: Notre Dame, Boise St. (already happening)

yeah, that's awesome. I want Angelina Jolie to sit on my face too.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
  • We need 2-3 BCS OOC games per year. Any B1G or ACC school. WVU.
  • Annual local FCS school that promises not to kick our ass
  • Filler games (when needed) should be local FBS only - Army, UMass, UBuff
That is how I'd manage it. Would also institute a program where all fans in their seats 15 minutes prior to the game are registered for John's weekly "Angelina Jolie sits on someone's face" contest.

Reaction Score
With Michigan now behind us and largely a successful event, who should we try to book going forward?

I'd like to see us go for the gold again - this time with a Penn St series. I know its a strech, but I would love to see a home and home series. If that doesnt work, we should suck it up and do the season opener at the Meadowlands that they like to do.

I am not sold on Penn State at the MetLife simply because it is only a 4 hour drive from State College to the Meadowlands.

If UConn is willing to play anyone, anywhere, which is a motto that needs to be adopted for the foreseeable future due to the AAC, I would go with non-Northeast teams at the MetLife and/or Gillette (would Mass politicians, who pay for UMass and many of whom went to BC allow UConn to have a ‘home’ game in their back yard?). The 3 Florida schools (Florida, Florida St, Miami), who all have connections to the Northeast, may fit. Texas, Texas A&M, and Georgia may also work. UCLA, USC, and Oregon may jump at an opportunity to get visibility in the East Coast. ND obviously, although sucking-up to them is painful, along with Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska should also draw well. BYU is a possibility, too, as they have a national following due to the religion angle.

As for the Rent, I believe looking to keep intact our regional rivalries with BC, Rutgers, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, and even Maryland is important. We all want to go to a game to see our friends’ school from high school or work get beat.

Reaction Score
Rutgers announced a 4 year deal with Temple today starting in 2019, 2 home, 2 at Temple. As much as I would like to keep that rivalry alive I'm not sure if they want to

Reaction Score
Rutgers announced a 4 year deal with Temple today starting in 2019, 2 home, 2 at Temple. As much as I would like to keep that rivalry alive I'm not sure if they want to

Makes sense for Rutgers. They have a lot of alumni in South Jersey who can easily attend a game at the Linc. Plus, Rutgers likes play 2 weak and 1 moderate OCC game a year (winning is a different issue, see Kent State).

Reaction Score
I think we're pretty full for the next few years. Army, BYU, Boise and Stony Brook(?) next year, Army, Tennessee, @BYU, Villanova(? I might have Stony Brook & Villanova backwards) in 2015 and @Tennessee, Virginia, a 1AA (I thought I heard Maine) in 2016. Rutgers just signed a long term deal with Temple I think so they are probably out. I would imagine we're looking for a home game that we have a good shot at winning for 2016. I'd guess MAC though you never know since our home slate that year would be sort of marginal with the marquee game on the road. Maybe Army again. Lousy football but the people like them. Then in 2017 we're @ Virginia and 2018 @ Boise. There are probably opportunities both seasons but the problem is we need home games both years so I'd anticipate lesser opponents unless we find someone willing to wait for the return game, which is a possibility I guess.

Reaction Score
I think we're pretty full for the next few years. Army, BYU, Boise and Stony Brook(?) next year, Army, Tennessee, @BYU, Villanova(? I might have Stony Brook & Villanova backwards) in 2015 and @Tennessee, Virginia, a 1AA (I thought I heard Maine) in 2016. Rutgers just signed a long term deal with Temple I think so they are probably out. I would imagine we're looking for a home game that we have a good shot at winning for 2016. I'd guess MAC though you never know since our home slate that year would be sort of marginal with the marquee game on the road. Maybe Army again. Lousy football but the people like them. Then in 2017 we're @ Virginia and 2018 @ Boise. There are probably opportunities both seasons but the problem is we need home games both years so I'd anticipate lesser opponents unless we find someone willing to wait for the return game, which is a possibility I guess.

I wish we could do a home and home with one of the historically upper tier ACC programs for a change, rather than the Wakes, etc.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Yeah, we need a four game deal with someone not named Buffalo in the northeast. I'd take any of our old BE conference mates; Syr, Pitt, WV or Rutty.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If RU, Cuse, Pitt aren't interested, I want BC. It sounded like there were discussion with them, at least. Any B1G if we can get them to play at the Rent once, maybe a 1-1-1 deal with the third game at the meadowlands.

Reaction Score
Are we trying to build a program or take one down?

Get rid of the FCS schools and act BIG time. I really haven't heard a negative from non football fans at work over the loss ("UConn did pretty good")to Michigan. In fact my office was "jammed" with people all day who asked me about the being at the game and they thought I was lucky to have season tickets for teams like that.

Different commentary after the loss to Townson and/or beating the worse of the worse FCS or BCS schools. "You pay how much to watch those games?"

Like Fresno State coach once said as they shocked a lot of people when they knocked off a number of name schools in the past decade....."We'll go anywhere to play anyone, ....any time" We are not atin a position to have BIG name schools drooling to come to the RENT. Michigan was an exception for a couple of reasons that won't be a factor with other schools. Temple, USF, UCF have access to big venues, that's why some BIG names have visited. Penn State played at Temple.....not in a 40,000 seat stadium.

Even Buffalo is playing name schools "away" to build up their potential lure to better athletes than they've had.

Stoneybrook is on the schedule? Are you kidding me?

Reaction Score
I wish we could do a home and home with one of the historically upper tier ACC programs for a change, rather than the Wakes, etc.
Florida State or Florida State? I guess you could include VaTech but that doesn't generate that much excitement. Clemson is legendary but only in Clemson...We've done Virginia, North Carolina, NC State, Georgia Tech, Maryland*, Wake Forest, and Duke. I honestly don't think anyone other than FSU, maybe Miami would generate more than just slightly above average interest. I'd rather play Michigan State, Iowa, Northwestern and some of the other Big Ten teams, or even an occasional Big 12, Missouri or K-State or somebody.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If RU, Cuse, Pitt aren't interested, I want BC. It sounded like there were discussion with them, at least. Any B1G if we can get them to play at the Rent once, maybe a 1-1-1 deal with the third game at the meadowlands.

We're in the AAC - not a position of power - so respect to B1G teams, particularly any of their top programs, if its a 1-1-1, that would be great.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Before Tim Pernetti got canned he was working on a series with UConn... either they are still negotiating or those plans went out the door with him.

Reaction Score
I was also thinking that UConn can target a school where people from Connecticut already have a connection in place and travel to frequently. For example, U Minnesota. UnitedHealthcare, ING, and Travelers all have major operations in the Hartford and Twin Cities areas.

Reaction Score
Florida State or Florida State? I guess you could include VaTech but that doesn't generate that much excitement. Clemson is legendary but only in Clemson...We've done Virginia, North Carolina, NC State, Georgia Tech, Maryland*, Wake Forest, and Duke. I honestly don't think anyone other than FSU, maybe Miami would generate more than just slightly above average interest. I'd rather play Michigan State, Iowa, Northwestern and some of the other Big Ten teams, or even an occasional Big 12, Missouri or K-State or somebody.

I was thinking FSU/Miami/VT/Clemson.

Reaction Score
Stony Brook is now a CAA member same as Towson, they've been to back to back NCAA 1AA post season games. UConn will continue to schedule 1AA opponents, and Stony Brook is better than most. They have played South Florida, UTEP, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Army. Not saying they are Michigan, but they are way better than Texas Southern and Liberty and even URI.

Reaction Score
Stony Brook is now a CAA member same as Towson, they've been to back to back NCAA 1AA post season games. UConn will continue to schedule 1AA opponents, and Stony Brook is better than most. They have played South Florida, UTEP, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Army. Not saying they are Michigan, but they are way better than Texas Southern and Liberty and even URI.

I was at the game where they (Stony Brook) trounced Army at West Point - talk about a fanboard meltdown.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'd like a Kansas Football + BBall home and home
thats a cool idea. it would really be cool if we could do it in late Nov so it all could take place on the same weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom