OOC Schedule Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
09CB5656-05F3-4A1D-98E8-4A444F8C6FEF.jpeg

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is really bad. We usually play 7 good opponents OOC. This year we are only playing 5. We should be playing 8-10 good OOC opponents. We are going backwards, not to mention that that conference is going to be garbage this year. Sweet: our reward for going 25-9 and losing in the conference semis is...the NIT.

Reaction Score
Overall, it's a decent schedule, but in terms of the home slate, I'd rather see Yale/Harvard/UMass/Vermont over Lafayette/UMass Lowell/Cornell/Manhattan.

(Yes, I too am bitching. But rightfully so IMO.)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Wow, can't remember the last time we didn't have one road game OOC.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
This is really bad. We usually play 7 good opponents OOC. This year we are only playing 5. We should be playing 8-10 good OOC opponents. We are going backwards, not to mention that that conference is going to be garbage this year. Sweet: our reward for going 25-9 and losing in the conference semis is...the NIT.

It's a good schedule to get our feet back on the ground. People forget we have been bad 2 years in a row. Maybe we can get to January with a winning record. Minimal travel, a big home game and 3 at MSG. What is there to complain about?

Reaction Score
It's a good schedule to get our feet back on the ground. People forget we have been bad 2 years in a row. Maybe we can get to January with a winning record. Minimal travel, a big home game and 3 at MSG. What is there to complain about?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.

Pretty sure this is SOP with new coaches.

Reaction Score
We have a group of guys that haven’t won much. A weaker OOC schedule isn’t the worst thing in the world. Winning 3 of the 5 marquee games would set us up nicely to make the NCAAs if we can handle business in conference play.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We don't play in the Big East anymore. We can't afford to play this many bad teams and no road games. Our conference is weak to begin with and even weaker than last year. On top of that, you don't get better by playing Lafayette; you get better by playing schools like Providence, Texas, and UCLA. We don't need to schedule all top 10 teams, but we should have more mid-level P5 and Big East teams on our schedule. 4-5 powderpuffs is enough. We don't need 8 of them. We get enought of those in conference.

Reaction Score

Yeah we won't "get better" playing Cuse, Arizona, FSU etc...

C'mon man!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Any chance we play Arizona on campus? That's the deal breaker for me whether I buy Gampel upper level season tickets or not.

Reaction Score
Any chance we play Arizona on campus? That's the deal breaker for me whether I buy Gampel upper level season tickets or not.

I think I remember reading that part of the deal was Arizona would only play us in Hartford :(

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll confess that there are more than usual number of crappy opponents here. Hopefully that is a one time thing, and Hurley isn't going to give us the Jim Boeheim scheduling philosophy going forward. Still some quality games, we just need to win a couple of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom