ONO Postgame | The Boneyard

ONO Postgame

Reaction Score
sounds like she has a cold which isn't fun when you are expending energy at her level..........we tend to forget those little things can effect performance as they do to us in regular life activities.............like breathing...............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
she is still trying to figure out how to cope with the bigs.

Well...

Sylvia, Tina, Nneka, Breanna, Katie Lou, and A'ja will sure give her some lessons at the UCONN-USA game!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well...

Sylvia, Tina, Nneka, Breanna, Katie Lou, and A'ja will sure give her some lessons at the UCONN-USA game!

Got to worry when Stewie rains down multiple 3's will make Liv think she can do that. :eek:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
How is it that Lee from Kansas State is having a better season than Ono? I have seen some centers not highly ranked who have more basic moves than ONO and their teammates don't seem to have trouble getting them the ball. I wish Ono would develop a jump hook and start going to her left more. That takes her closer to the basket.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
How is it that Lee from Kansas State is having a better season than Ono? I have seen some centers not highly ranked who have more basic moves than ONO and their teammates don't seem to have trouble getting them the ball. I wish Ono would develop a jump hook and start going to her left more. That takes her closer to the basket.
You mean the same Kansas State who is 9-10, with an RPI of #145 and a Sos of #80? That Lee from that school? This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode of Kramer telling Jerry, Elaine and George he's dominating in Karate and has mowed through the class, leaving Elaine in awe and she gets inspired only to find out Kramer is beating up 8 year olds. She then realizes while she was calling Jerry the Doofus, she's actually the doofus.. :rolleyes: just saying, it all depends who you are playing, what the level and focus of your team is and total court awareness you are being asked to focus on. I suppose you also like Brittany Brewer from Texas Tech who is also having a great statistical season but gets crushed when playing Baylor and Texas and any other decent school.
So I guess not only do we have to win every game by 30 in the 1st quarter, we have turn every recruit into an All-American by the middle of their sophomore year...jeesh, just no pleasing people around here....Head bang

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You mean the same Kansas State who is 9-10, with an RPI of #145 and a Sos of #80? That Lee from that school? This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode of Kramer telling Jerry, Elaine and George he's dominating in Karate and has mowed through the class, leaving Elaine in awe and she gets inspired only to find out Kramer is beating up 8 year olds. She then realizes while she was calling Jerry the Doofus, she's actually the doofus.. :rolleyes: just saying, it all depends who you are playing, what the level and focus of your team is and total court awareness you are being asked to focus on. I suppose you also like Brittany Brewer from Texas Tech who is also having a great statistical season but gets crushed when playing Baylor and Texas and any other decent school.
So I guess not only do we have to win every game by 30 in the 1st quarter, we have turn every recruit into an All-American by the middle of their sophomore year...jeesh, just no pleasing people around here....Head bang
I don't think @donalddoowop expects Liv to be an AA by this point. Now, although his point may have been a little overstated, he is not incorrect about how little variety Liv has to her offensive game. Liv is ultra talented, with as much pure potential as any 5 that's played under Geno. But under the basket she has one move: a right leg drop step. Off of that she has shown only two options: a lay up or a fade away jumper. That's it; even that single move isn't as refined as I'd expect it to be at this point. I've seen her attempt an up and under twice this year. Once she fumbled her footwork, the second time she had it blocked. Remember, the up and under requires a spin back to her right. Geno clearly has told her she needs to shoot that 15 footer to keep the defense honest and draw her mark away from the basket.

Nevertheless, in order to develop a greater variety in her offensive set and become a true offensive threat requires practice, and Geno has said on multiple occasions this is something she's not fond of. I think however she's starting to get the idea of how important practice is, and how important it is to work on footwork, ball handling and shooting skills. Frankly I think she needed to be shown this in real time game situations for it to penetrate that upper body and core strength were not her only deficiencies. As Geno has also said many times, you come to UConn and you will be exposed. As @Carnac has said, I expect her real sophomore leap will come next year.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
As far as competition, with some exceptions, the teams K State has played are just as good or better than the ones UConn has played. You made my point for me. A player does not have to be an AA to make some of the moves other bigs are making, even, Brewer. What did Baylor do to Ono? Winning every game by 30 in the first quarter is your way of thinking, not mine. If you were going to respond why did you not answer my question?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Where was Tina Charles at this point in her college career? Where was Kara Wolters? Where was Jessica Moore or Stef Dolson, Jones, Williams, Stokes? There are very, very few finished post products at UConn, at the end of January in their sophomore year. Funny thing, there's several who have made All-American or WNBA by the end of their careers.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Where was Tina Charles at this point in her college career? Where was Kara Wolters? Where was Jessica Moore or Stef Dolson, Jones, Williams, Stokes? There are very, very few finished post products at UConn, at the end of January in their sophomore year. Funny thing, there's several who have made All-American or WNBA by the end of their careers.
Answer this question. How many of the players that you just listed had only two offensive moves in the middle of their sophomore year. I don't expect Ono to have AA stats this early in her career and I never said I did. However, I wonder why Ono does not have more offensive moves than she has with all the experience she had over the Summer.

Reaction Score
Answer this question. How many of the players that you just listed had only two offensive moves in the middle of their sophomore year. I don't expect Ono to have AA stats this early in her career and I never said I did. However, I wonder why Ono does not have more offensive moves than she has with all the experience she had over the Summer.
ONO also missed close to 2 years of developing while in HS due to knee injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom