One Year After Change Future of Football Program Is Bright: Matt Schonvisky | The Boneyard

One Year After Change Future of Football Program Is Bright: Matt Schonvisky

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Does he mention anywhere that he vehemently opposed the change at the time? Kinda necessary to address that in some way, right? His role is so weird. I think UConn likes it, though. They've clearly given him this platform. It's kinda like UConn was looking for a propaganda wing or something

Reaction Score
Does he mention anywhere that he vehemently opposed the change at the time? Kinda necessary to address that in some way, right? His role is so weird. I think UConn likes it, though. They've clearly given him this platform. It's kinda like UConn was looking for a propaganda wing or something

Yes, I do get the PRAVDA vibe from Matt often. I thought this was objective though. Having the Courant beat writer there for the “off the record” conversation as well makes me feel that what he is reporting here is accurate, even if it is shaped by HCRE and the athletic department.

Reaction Score
His role is so weird. I think UConn likes it, though. They've clearly given him this platform. It's kinda like UConn was looking for a propaganda wing or something

His slant maybe more program leaning but not sure his access is any different than anyone else (i.e. the UConnBlog/StorrsCentral/A Dime Back folks) that I can tell...

Reaction Score
His slant maybe more program leaning but not sure his access is any different than anyone else (i.e. the UConnBlog/StorrsCentral/A Dime Back folks) that I can tell...

Agreed. And now that uconnblog/storrscentral has a working relationship with Orlovsky they might get more info than the other outlets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Not that anything he writes follows the rules of logic - but if it wasn’t Kill that killed Diaco... what was it?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’d really prefer Matt be down on UConn.

Stopped clocks are right more often.

Reaction Score
Not that anything he writes follows the rules of logic - but if it wasn’t Kill that killed Diaco... what was it?
Diaco was absolutely deemed incompetent.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Maybe that is the narrative AD David Benedict went with because it worked so well, but perhaps its closer to the truth to say that AD David Benedict just became convinced Diaco had to go during the course of December and decided to pull the trigger once he knew Edsall would take the job at a price the school could afford.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe that is the narrative AD David Benedict went with because it worked so well, but perhaps its closer to the truth to say that AD David Benedict just became convinced Diaco had to go during the course of December and decided to pull the trigger once he knew Edsall would take the job at a price the school could afford.

Maybe. Odd that he didn’t nail it down before the staff had their new contracts then.

Reaction Score
Emily, Emily, Emily. :)
Heartbroke on the Emily news.

2F7AEDD8-CF19-479A-98C9-E4C3BDB9A271.jpeg

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Maybe. Odd that he didn’t nail it down before the staff had their new contracts then.

I agree. It still feels like some event happened that forced DB to pull the trigger. If it wasn’t specifically Kill, it had to be something else. Maybe something changed with the cash available for the buyout. Or....RE dropped his asking price.

But you don’t draw up contracts for the assistants if you knew all along BD was out. Some event happened or barrier was removed to enable the change.

Thankfully.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I agree. It still feels like some event happened that forced DB to pull the trigger. If it wasn’t specifically Kill, it had to be something else. Maybe something changed with the cash available for the buyout. Or....RE dropped his asking price.

But you don’t draw up contracts for the assistants if you knew all along BD was out. Some event happened or barrier was removed to enable the change.

Thankfully.

Can you imagine how brutal this season would have been with BD at the helm again? Would we even have any commits?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Thankfully.

My money is on delusional Bob, trying to convince him that everything was OK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom