One New All Sports Member | The Boneyard

One New All Sports Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fantasy Big East, you get to pick one program to join for 10 years. Who do you add?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Notre Dame.
I see a possibility that, if the BE can hold enough of itself together until its contract comes up for negotiation, it will be mutually advantageous for NBC, the BE and Notre Dame to work out a deal. This deal will have to be made with several incremental steps, to make the BE a viable product and allow Notre Dame to not give up its contract immediately. But if all sides work things out NBC can springboard this BE/ND deal into something that could end up breaking ESPN's strangle hold on college sports. If I were NBC, or one of the other media players, I would actually make the BE contract on par or better than other conferences but only with the contingency that leaving the BE would be severe in consequences.

Why would NBC make a huge contract for an inferior conference? Because that offer would cause the other conferences to insist on ESPN coming up with comparable packages and trigger two things. A realignment process that NBC and the BE can utilize to poach the best teams from other conferences, and/or ESPN running into difficulty in satisfying all of its stable of universities.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross, St. Joes, Xavier or Loyola. Oh wait you said ALL Sports and not just the ones that don't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom