2024 Recruiting: - One more potential add? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: One more potential add?

Reaction Score
Ball and Stewart will come off the bench.
Outside of Karaban (if he returns) and possibly Diarra (at least for the beginning of the season), I truly do not understand how anyone can be as sure as I’ve seen many on this board about the starters. Even with Mahaney, it’s conceivable to me that Ball absolutely lights the world on fire this off-season and just takes a starting spot.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Outside of Karaban (if he returns) and possibly Diarra (at least for the beginning of the season), I truly do not understand how anyone can be as sure as I’ve seen many on this board about the starters. Even with Mahaney, it’s conceivable to me that Ball absolutely lights the world on fire this off-season and just takes a starting spot.
I doubt it. Ball fell out of the rotation this year. He will improve but I will shocked if he starts at tge beginning of the seasonZ.

Reaction Score
I doubt it. Ball fell out of the rotation this year. He will improve but I will shocked if he starts at tge beginning of the seasonZ.
I also think Mahaney will start, I’m just saying I don’t understand the certainty with which some folks are making these statements. I just don’t think it’s remotely out of the question that Ball/Stewart take a huge leap this offseason and Reed/Johnson is a toss-up even based on their past performance.

Reaction Score
When I said he’s closer to a SG than a PF i didn’t mean in terms of just his weight, you inferred that and started a trivial argument
don’t have a dog in the fight, but didn’t you preface your SG/PF statement with a quip about his weight? It very much seemed like a 1+1=2 scenario.

Reaction Score
I also think Mahaney will start, I’m just saying I don’t understand the certainty with which some folks are making these statements. I just don’t think it’s remotely out of the question that Ball/Stewart take a huge leap this offseason and Reed/Johnson is a toss-up even based on their past performance.
If Mahaney was here this past season, would he have started? Got a lot of playing time? Who would he have taken minutes from? How many?

Reaction Score
If Mahaney was here this past season, would he have started? Got a lot of playing time? Who would he have taken minutes from? How many?
Yes, he would have started over Cam.

Uconn Huskies Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Jk

Reaction Score
Put the electronics down and spend some time in New England spring weather. That’s something lol.
And you are still here posting, Is this a do as I say, not as I do moment?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thought I was going to have to plug Abraham myself I finally found a winner last reply. Agree, don’t sell this kid short on helping a few minutes here and there. Who knows maybe even more, physical kid he will get some minutes.
In the championship game against Monteverde he did more than a respectable job against Flagg. There were moments he played the five became Ngombo(?) was struggling. Abraham should be able to provide help against fours on the defensive end .

Reaction Score
This. I think we’ve done a great job replacing (at least) four starters and making ourselves competitive again. And teams win basketball games, not individual players. But I’m hard pressed to see how we’re going to be as good with the present roster (even with AK) as we were the last two years.
I think we have a nice roster on paper and should have a really good team but I think a lot of folks are out over their skis here. Anyway, the goal is always championships and I'm down with that.

Reaction Score
We aren't going back to a traditional 4 especially with the Centers we have on the roster who can't score more than 5 feet from the basket. You could see a kid as someone mentioned from South Florida or just a developmental piece to replace Roumoglou. Just give up this traditional PF dream it isn't going to happen with UConn anymore unless we have a 5 who can space the floor. Hurley likes to keep the middle open for drives and stuff and a traditional 4 would just clog the lane up more.
I don’t know what rock you’ve been hiding under but Hurley already has a 4/5 (not Karaban) who can hit the three and is a pretty good rebounder, as he proved it coming off the bench this past season.

Reaction Score
A scholarship has been made available late in the portal process. The question isn't if we add someone, the question is who. Does anyone have a clue?

Reaction Score
I don’t know what rock you’ve been hiding under but Hurley already has a 4/5 (not Karaban) who can hit the three and is a pretty good rebounder, as he proved it coming off the bench this past season.
Huh? Are you talking about Stewart? Then my initial point is proven that we don't need a tall huge physical bruiser playing that position. I think you needed to respond to Bendm as he was the one saying we needed the huge more physical big than Karaban playing the 4.

Reaction Score
A scholarship has been made available late in the portal process. The question isn't if we add someone, the question is who. Does anyone have a clue?
Don't think we add anyone if AK comes back. We'll know his situation by the end of this month. If he doesn't come back, I think we add a body. Kasean Pryor has been mentioned - could also see us looking internationally.

Reaction Score
We have 2-3 scholarships available, depending on AK. But last year 2 years (I believe) we banked an extra scholly and we have 10-11 rotation quality players. So maybe a practice body like the recent Euros or maaaaybe a 4 man if AK is gone.

Reaction Score
You think Stewart showed enough to easily say he could fill in for AK and average 10 plus a game? I think he can rebound and defend as well but we haven’t seen the offense.
Stewart will average 10 per game(or more) with 25 minutes.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom