One month from now, KLS/NC/DJB will be on campus | The Boneyard

One month from now, KLS/NC/DJB will be on campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I equate this class with the Stewie/Mo/Tuck class. How many titles will they win?

Reaction Score
Those 3 remind me the class of Cash, Jones and Williams in 2000.

Interesting, since they came to campus in 98 with Sue Bird and graduated in 2002. Plato did say that reality was perception.

Reaction Score
I hope they all play to their potential and continue our winning tradition!
I second this. I hope they all play to their potential. College isn't HS or USA BB for that matter. It's a tough grind.

Reaction Score
Anyone want to take a guess at what #numbers they will pick? I guess Boykin will wear #33 does it go since she committed first? Boykin #33, Lou # 23 or #31 Collier #10 her USAB number?

Reaction Score
Anyone want to take a guess at what #numbers they will pick? I guess Boykin will wear #33 does it go since she committed first? Boykin #33, Lou # 23 or #31 Collier #10 her USAB number?

One of the guys on the beat had an article about the jersey numbers. I believe Boykin will take #35, KLS #33, and I would guess Collier would take #24 as that was her number in high school.

I found the article: http://snyuconn.com/uconn/after-memorable-2014-boykin-looks-ahead/

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know, with full apologies to TonyC, I think we ought to temper our expectation of annual championships stretching out as far as the eye can see.... but things sure look good don't they?

[We're doomed.]​

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I equate this class with the Stewie/Mo/Tuck class. How many titles will they win?
I agree the class is similar in size, but I don't think SBC is as good a class as SJT. Mainly because Stewie was by far the #1 player in the class, Jefferson was clearly #2 and the best PG ever coming out of HS, and Tuck was a former #1 kid who talent wise is top 5.

IMHO Samuelson and Collier are easily in the top 5 and probably top 3 in their class, but while Boykin is very good and will do a lot of the little things/dirty work, it's not clear she's a top 10 kid. Now if we'd landed Durr instead of Boykin, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly!

As for winning 4 NC's, I pray that's not the new standard that players and fans expect. Any incoming class at UCONN should definitely expect to earn 1 NC, and possibly 2. 3 is something special only done by Dee. Even the great TASS team and Maya did not win 3. Now of course it's been done by Stewie/Mo and Tuck.

Lastly, a lot depends on who else UCONN recruits. Chong and Tuck - solid class. Ek, Nurse, Williams and Butler - terrific. Collier, Boykin and Samuelson, terrific as well.

But Dangerfield and Irwin - solid like Tuck and Chong. I realize the staff is not done yet but IMHO they need a top 10 kid and it seems like it's Cox or bust. 2017 - Espinosa is a great start. But again, need more top talent if they want to continue.

I am also hearing they are out looking at 2018 kids as well. They staff is doing a great job getting out there... we will see how much fruit their efforts bear...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I agree the class is similar in size, but I don't think SBC is as good a class as SJT. Mainly because Stewie was by far the #1 player in the class, Jefferson was clearly #2 and the best PG ever coming out of HS, and Tuck was a former #1 kid who talent wise is top 5.

IMHO Samuelson and Collier are easily in the top 5 and probably top 3 in their class, but while Boykin is very good and will do a lot of the little things/dirty work, it's not clear she's a top 10 kid. Now if we'd landed Durr instead of Boykin, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly!

As for winning 4 NC's, I pray that's not the new standard that players and fans expect. Any incoming class at UCONN should definitely expect to earn 1 NC, and possibly 2. 3 is something special only done by Dee. Even the great TASS team and Maya did not win 3. Now of course it's been done by Stewie/Mo and Tuck.

Lastly, a lot depends on who else UCONN recruits. Chong and Tuck - solid class. Ek, Nurse, Williams and Butler - terrific. Collier, Boykin and Samuelson, terrific as well.

But Dangerfield and Irwin - solid like Tuck and Chong. I realize the staff is not done yet but IMHO they need a top 10 kid and it seems like it's Cox or bust. 2017 - Espinosa is a great start. But again, need more top talent if they want to continue.

I am also hearing they are out looking at 2018 kids as well. They staff is doing a great job getting out there... we will see how much fruit their efforts bear...

And Maria Conlon. Jessica Moore? Morgan Valley? And Kiah and Kaleena.

HGN

Reaction Score
The Stewie's , Mo , and Morgan's don't come along every day. Rare any program gets the likes and talents of a threesome such as these. I don't think we will see another like it for a decade.

I suspect the CBS News Team ( Collier Boykin Samuelson) will produce many highlights and thrills over the next 4 years. But I refuse to put the heavy burden on them for 4 NC's.....It's never been done before. And ONLY 2 teams have ever even had the chance to do it. Tennessee and UConn.

I suggest we wait and see if we have what we think we have. If they are what we think we have , we might get 2 more NC's. And that's just being realistic. Three(3) would be unworldly.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Anyone know if DJ is back to full strength yet?
She played in at least one All-Star game in April. She may be less than 100%, but has been cleared to play apparently.

Reaction Score

There was no Prospect Nation or Full Court for the 2012 class and HG was ran by Glenn Nelson.

Boykin stands in the top 10 of every other top ranking service Blue Star media #9, All Star #6, Premier report #3, and was a former #1 in these reports as a freshman and sophomore and Glenn Nelson's HG.

That comment was kind of off base about not clear if Boykin is a top 10 player, but if we'd landed Durr instead of Boykin...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When they get here, we can really debate their height(s).
Why wait? That's is why someone invented Summer-so we can debate height. Shoot by the time they get to campus is enough time to draw 2 or 3 defnitively conflicting conclusions and change our minds about each thrice.

Reaction Score
Moriah is incredible, without question. However, the best point guard ever coming out of high school? That's a reach. Her freshman season was nondescript. Her second season a definite improvement. It wasn't until her junior season that she took a gigantic leap forward. Even with Breanna's struggles, she showed up in the Final Four her freshman season. The best ever point guard coming out of high school would have had a better freshman season. Sue Bird had a successful freshman season until she tore her ACL. Was Moriah better than Sue in high school or the many other incredible high school point guards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom