One last tribute to our recruiting class of 2012 | The Boneyard

One last tribute to our recruiting class of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, it's been significantly more than a month since the recruiting class of 2012 rode off into the sunset. I already miss the hell out of them. Consider everything Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferseon, and Morgan Tuck, gave us:

• Four national championship-winning teams. In a row. The 2013 team tied the NCAAW NC wins total at eight, broke that record in 2014, and then pushed that record even further ahead by last month. Meanwhile, in the process of winning four consecutive NCs, Uconn claimed a new record for an NCAA tourney winning streak at 24 games.
  • It's a special thing to have won four NCs in a row, but two of those NC-winning teams (2014 and 3016) were beyond the pale. They were undefeated , for one thing, thereby making it such that Uconn has more undefeated seasons (6) than anyone else has combined (5- immaculata 1973, La Tech 1981, Texas 1986, Tennessee 1998, Baylor 2012). For another thing, 2016 and 2014 joined 2002 as two of the three best Uconn teams ever, and arguably two of three best teams WCBB has ever produced. That's simply staggering, and the biggest treats imaginable to have enjoyed as a fan base.
  • How about some WNBA draft picks? Well, the 2012 recruiting class went 1-2-3 in its own right, but consider the other first-rounders who Stewie and Company helped get there: Kelly Faris, Stef Dolsom, Bria Hartley, kiah Stokes, and KML. In other words, while that recruiting class was at Storrs, eight kids from within that 2012 group and outside ended up as first-round wnba picks.
  • How about names on the Huskies of Honor wall? Well, I can't think of a recruiting class ewith more than two new additions to the Wall...other than the entire recruiting class of 2012. What's more, KML, Bria, and Stef, got some assists getting on that wall as well. True, Bria was thusly honored due to her 2012 inclusion in the WBCA AA team, but thanks to playing on the transcendently great 2013-14 squad, she blew away all doubt. Pick a season within that four-year window, and you had some great teammates to push you to AA status. in any case, the HoH wall is adorned with tons of new history- all thanks to the 2012 trio.
  • Speaking of history, the recruiting class of 2012 made a lot of it. They forged two of the top five winning streaks in WCBB history (47 and 75 and counting games) and might just get to 91. KML has the record for career three-pointers made in NCAA D1. Moriah has the Uconn record for assists in a college career. Stewie holds the same record for blocks. All of these records were achieved by or in tandem with the 2012 recruiting class.

Indeed, the 2012 recruiting class was the best with which we were ever blessed. We witnessed that trio win championships, make history, and what's more, they made it look easy. But even when it looked easy,it looked beautiful. They were fun. They were thrilling. And hey Dan, they were good for the freaking sport!

The masterpiece of size, precision, and versatility has completed, all rolled into a stunning quartet of seasons. And to Stewie, Mo, and Morgan, we collectively cannot begin to thank you enough.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
hqdefault.jpg

9ffcc8361218e62512c44f4f0c767331.jpg

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Perhaps so Wally, but I think I've got it now. The tie-in between Uncle Joe Stalin and the UConn "Big 3" is that that they were both efficient killing machines. In the case of the UConn "Big 3," it was the efficient "killing" (figuratively) of opponents. ;) Still, I find Stalin association troubling. :eek:

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
I appreciate the OPs sentiment, and he's right, the impact of the "Big 3" at Yalta and the impact of the "Big 3" at UConn, was historical in each respective sphere - politics and basketball. That said, Joe Stalin was not a nice guy, so I came up with my own (with special thanks to MilfordHusky for the UConn photo).
Here it is:
Big 3 a.jpg

9ffcc8361218e62512c44f4f0c767331.jpg

Last edited:

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Perhaps so Wally, but I think I've got it now. The tie-in between Uncle Joe Stalin and the UConn "Big 3" is that that they were both efficient killing machines. In the case of the UConn "Big 3," it was the efficient "killing" (figuratively) of opponents. ;) Still, I find Stalin association troubling. :eek:

"Still, I find Stalin association troubling." :eek: Go figure

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just a different "Big 3." I thought about GM, Ford, and Chrysler, but I chose the WWII leaders.

HGN

Reaction Score
Well, it's been significantly more than a month since the recruiting class of 2012 rode off into the sunset. I already miss the hell out of them. Consider everything Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferseon, and Morgan Tuck, gave us:

• Four national championship-winning teams. In a row. The 2013 team tied the NCAAW NC wins total at eight, broke that record in 2014, and then pushed that record even further ahead by last month. Meanwhile, in the process of winning four consecutive NCs, Uconn claimed a new record for an NCAA tourney winning streak at 24 games.
  • It's a special thing to have won four NCs in a row, but two of those NC-winning teams (2014 and 3016) were beyond the pale. They were undefeated , for one thing, thereby making it such that Uconn has more undefeated seasons (6) than anyone else has combined (5- immaculata 1973, La Tech 1981, Texas 1986, Tennessee 1998, Baylor 2012). For another thing, 2016 and 2014 joined 2002 as two of the three best Uconn teams ever, and arguably two of three best teams WCBB has ever produced. That's simply staggering, and the biggest treats imaginable to have enjoyed as a fan base.
  • How about some WNBA draft picks? Well, the 2012 recruiting class went 1-2-3 in its own right, but consider the other first-rounders who Stewie and Company helped get there: Kelly Faris, Stef Dolsom, Bria Hartley, kiah Stokes, and KML. In other words, while that recruiting class was at Storrs, eight kids from within that 2012 group and outside ended up as first-round wnba picks.
  • How about names on the Huskies of Honor wall? Well, I can't think of a recruiting class ewith more than two new additions to the Wall...other than the entire recruiting class of 2012. What's more, KML, Bria, and Stef, got some assists getting on that wall as well. True, Bria was thusly honored due to her 2012 inclusion in the WBCA AA team, but thanks to playing on the transcendently great 2013-14 squad, she blew away all doubt. Pick a season within that four-year window, and you had some great teammates to push you to AA status. in any case, the HoH wall is adorned with tons of new history- all thanks to the 2012 trio.
  • Speaking of history, the recruiting class of 2012 made a lot of it. They forged two of the top five winning streaks in WCBB history (47 and 75 and counting games) and might just get to 91. KML has the record for career three-pointers made in NCAA D1. Moriah has the Uconn record for assists in a college career. Stewie holds the same record for blocks. All of these records were achieved by or in tandem with the 2012 recruiting class.

Indeed, the 2012 recruiting class was the best with which we were ever blessed. We witnessed that trio win championships, make history, and what's more, they made it look easy. But even when it looked easy,it looked beautiful. They were fun. They were thrilling. And hey Dan, they were good for the freaking sport!

The masterpiece of size, precision, and versatility has completed, all rolled into a stunning quartet of seasons. And to Stewie, Mo, and Morgan, we collectively cannot begin to thank you enough.
Alex , and to add to the numerous records and 'First's' set by the 2012 recruiting class is the fact that its the first WCBB team ever to visit the White House all 4 years of a sitting President (Obama 2012-2016).
POTUS , never got to see any other WCBB NC other than the Huskies his last 4 years in office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom