OT: - One Last Time Around - Your Favorite Songs/Artists | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: One Last Time Around - Your Favorite Songs/Artists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My last song. Grace Jones featuring E.U. (Experience Unlimited - the band that made Doing da butt)

Reaction Score
I can't overlook these guys - the Airplane. Back when it was all about the music.

Grace and Marty's interweaving vocals are something:

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, these guys, they carved out a bit of a niche for themselves in music history.

I'm Only Sleeping:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Okay, I've resisted posting again to this thread, but I can't resist. For some time I've been fascinated and in love with the long rock song suites. These take different forms; the best known is probably Paul's series of songs on the second side of Abbey Road. My favorite till a year or so ago was Scheherazade by Renaissance. (A close second was In Held Twas In I by Procol Harum.)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
These have been supplanted in the not-too-distant past by a three-song series by Epica. These are called "Kingdom of Heaven," and they appear on three different albums over, I think 13-14 years. Each song stands on its own, but the three together are just so powerful -- the series is about the afterlife, but also about the intersection between physics and spirituality. "Quantum physics leads us to Answers to the great taboo"

Reaction Score
Last one for today. Seven Spires are an American band who met as students at the Berklee College of Music. Their vocalist/keys player/composer/lyricist is my favorite young singer out there. I've never heard a voice like hers.

Bigboote, you often seem to come up with bands/singers/acts that are new to me, and I consider myself to be fairly knowledgable about music. I have to say I never fail to enjoy your selections. Well done.

Reaction Score
Bigboote: here's another tour de force from Berklee College. Posted before, but worth a listen if you missed it.

I remember this from the last time it was posted, and I fell in love with this group. Thanks for posting it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom