On what happened according to a Louisville insider | The Boneyard

On what happened according to a Louisville insider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to an insider on the Louisville board what happened started back @ the June BIG EAST Meetings.

I (Maize) did copy & paste what he said but since it premium I will paraphase it:

Basically the gist of it is this, Pitt along with WVU & Rutgers threatened to leave the league if the league office wasn't more proactive in it Football expansion @ the June BIG EAST meetings. The BBall schools lead by Providence with their hand in the back of the commish balked at it and implied that if they felt that strongly about it they should leave.

Pitt called their bluff and took Syracuse with them.

The BE started falling apart back then.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm trying to find a single redeeming thing that has to do with PC, but I can't.

The last one just passed away.

Reaction Score
another post by Maize ( a UL fan)

Also, it appears that the BIG EAST did not have to votes to expand with Kansas, Kansas State and or Missouri because of lead by Providence had secured the no votes of Seton Hall, Georgetown, Saint John's and Notre Dame leaving it 1 short of full membership expansion.

If this is the case then the BIG EAST got what they deserve and Pitt & Syracuse did the right thing and have my full support of leaving.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
another post by Maize ( a UL fan)

Also, it appears that the BIG EAST did not have to votes to expand with Kansas, Kansas State and or Missouri because of lead by Providence had secured the no votes of Seton Hall, Georgetown, Saint John's and Notre Dame leaving it 1 short of full membership expansion.

If this is the case then the BIG EAST got what they deserve and Pitt & Syracuse did the right thing and have my full support of leaving.

I really can't say I believe any of this.

If this was the case, the football schools would've split, kept their BCS bid, and added the other teams.

Also, who's to say Syracuse and Pitt still both don't leave for the ACC even with Kansas and K-State ?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the basketball only schools should have carried less weight

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What post on what forum was that? I can't find it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
According to an insider on the Louisville board what happened started back @ the June BIG EAST Meetings.

I (Maize) did copy & paste what he said but since it premium I will paraphase it:

Basically the gist of it is this, Pitt along with WVU & Rutgers threatened to leave the league if the league office wasn't more proactive in it Football expansion @ the June BIG EAST meetings. The BBall schools lead by Providence with their hand in the back of the commish balked at it and implied that if they felt that strongly about it they should leave.

Pitt called their bluff and took Syracuse with them.

The BE started falling apart back then.

My problem with this theory is that there was no reason to expand before they started fullscale negotiations on the TV deal. Still isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom