Ollieisms REVISITED | The Boneyard

Ollieisms REVISITED

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"People thought we fell behind, when they see us coming up," said Ollie, "We were just lapping everyone."

No, people see you way behind. Always mid-pack in a "dumpster fire of a conference". We fell behind all right and are being lapped....again.

"We have enough right here in this room. We have enough."

Kevin was referring to potato chips. All you can eat Husky chips and salsa.

"When you wake up you gotta win today."

This was actually an intercepted text to a rival coach.

"Everyone has 24 hours. Doesn't matter if you are rich, poor, black, white, purple....24 hours"

Scratching my head here. Too profound for a comment. I guess when a game is 40 minutes he tells the team they have 24 hours?

"Someone can tell you when to go to sleep but no one can tell you when to wake up!"

This is why we have alarm clocks. We're waiting for someone to wake up KO when the ball is tipped. Apparently Chill and Kill can’t do it.

"We're going to take the stairs — escalators are for cowards."

I have never been afraid of escalators. In fact, I enjoy the smooth transition from one floor to another as it provides a chance to collect thoughts (like what next(?), Macy’s or look at puppies?) for just a few seconds.

"Ten toes in, not five."

The #1 Ollieism of all. Have not heard it since the divorce. Tens toes up...and tagged.

"First you bring the sugar, then you bring the hot sauce"

Ahhhh....the Ollie recipe to winning games!! Start out soft. Then rain treys like there's no tomorrow trying to catch up. KITCHEN FAIL.

"You don't go through life, you grow through life."

Poison ivy grows. I hate poison ivy.

"In trying times, you don't stop trying."

I'll give the Huskies this. They do try for the most part. Perhaps harder than I try to watch the games.

"I'm not chasing championships. I want championships to chase me."

KO...championships are screaming "Come at me bro!!". Listen to them!!!!!!!!

"We gonna fall in love with the process."

Vance JAcksSOn says "Hi".

"Someone told me that we were Cinderellas, I was like 'No, we're UConn.'"

KO, the clock has struck midnight. And we are now Rumplestiltzkin. zzzzzzzz

"As long as we got UConn on our chest it don't matter... We'll play anywhere ... for this great University."

That's because the players have scholarships. The GOTTA play!!!

"We talk about fighting together in the middle of the ring and everybody has to be connected."

Connect the dots already!!!

"The ship may not come into land, but we are going to swim right out to it."

And sink we will. I mean are.

"I can see higher, on the shoulders on giants."

There are giants in the NBA. Go now!!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
"People thought we fell behind, when they see us coming up," said Ollie, "We were just lapping everyone."

No, people see you way behind. Always mid-pack in a "dumpster fire of a conference". We fell behind all right and are being lapped....again.

"Ten toes in, not five."

The #1 Ollieism of all. Have not heard it since the divorce. Tens toes up...and tagged.

Ahhhh....the Ollie recipe to winning games!! Start out soft. Then rain treys like there's no tomorrow trying to catch up. KITCHEN FAIL.

Great post. I am laughing hard. That is sad for me. It used to be I could not sleep when UConn lost a game. Now?

Reaction Score

"Everyone has 24 hours. Doesn't matter if you are rich, poor, black, white, purple....24 hours"

Scratching my head here. Too profound for a comment. I guess when a game is 40 minutes he tells the team they have 24 hours?

"Someone can tell you when to go to sleep but no one can tell you when to wake up!"

This is why we have alarm clocks. We're waiting for someone to wake up KO when the ball is tipped. Apparently Chill and Kill can’t do it.

"We're going to take the stairs — escalators are for cowards."

I have never been afraid of escalators. In fact, I enjoy the smooth transition from one floor to another as it provides a chance to collect thoughts (like what next(?), Macy’s or look at puppies?) for just a few seconds.

"Ten toes in, not five."

"In trying times, you don't stop trying."

I'll give the Huskies this. They do try for the most part. Perhaps harder than I try to watch the games.

"I'm not chasing championships. I want championships to chase me."

KO...championships are screaming "Come at me bro!!". Listen to them!!!!!!!!

"We gonna fall in love with the process."

Vance JAcksSOn says "Hi".

"Someone told me that we were Cinderellas, I was like 'No, we're UConn.'"

KO, the clock has struck midnight. And we are now Rumplestiltzkin. zzzzzzzz

"As long as we got UConn on our chest it don't matter... We'll play anywhere ... for this great University."

That's because the players have scholarships. The GOTTA play!!!

"We talk about fighting together in the middle of the ring and everybody has to be connected."

Connect the dots already!!!

"The ship may not come into land, but we are going to swim right out to it."

And sink we will. I mean are.

"I can see higher, on the shoulders on giants."

There are giants in the NBA. Go now!!

Thanks I enjoyed this, gave me "good vibes"

Reaction Score
How about the one. " The Garden is a good place to plant seeds"
I think Ollie is a frustrated 6 grade english teacher.
He is terrible as a basketball coach.

Reaction Score
The quotes sound really nice, but they don't do any good when they aren't put into practice.

How about these beauties Coach;

"Put up or shut up!"

"Don't just talk the talk, how about walk the talk!"

I'm so frustrated with what has happened to this great basketball program the past couple of years. This Kevin Ollie experiment needs to end...sorry to have to say that.

Reaction Score
This team is so bad, how can we judge Ollie as a coach.

Yes, he did assemble the team. But he did it with strong (and in my opinion unfair) headwinds.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Um, when the team scores?

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, when you win they are great motivational quotes - when you lose this is the reaction. Same quotes.

Reaction Score
To be honest the quotes were always somewhat cringeworthy but I thought well if the players love this drivel then OK. Not quite as charming now is it?
It was more charming when it seemed like he gave a crap and was actually putting in some effort

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
KO needs to spend more time working on his coaching and less time crafting witty isms that at first were cute but now makes him sound like Chauncey Gardiner

+1 for Chauncey Gardner...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom