Ollie threatening to sue UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie threatening to sue UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for Ollie, the level of disrespect that he is getting now is outrageous. Spending time n money to fight for your reputation is something that any honorable person will do. Susan, fire DB and pay KO the $10 million. The uncertainty about NCAA violation n suspensions will make any potential recruit cringe

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bah, UConn should issue a statement that the University has no knowledge whether Glenn Miller's statement that KO provided funds to a recruits is accurate and that UConn's termination of Ollie's contract was based upon other NCAA violations.

I have no particular knowledge of FOIA rules, but I'd guess that since the NCAA interview transcripts were not generated by UConn, they are not subject to the personnel records production exception.

CL82

Reaction Score
Happens when you're broke and try to ball out.
Exactly, well except that the university isn't broke and that paying out $10M that isn't owed to someone is pretty much always a career-ender.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I hope Ollie knows what he is doing because if UConn decides to purse that story... and it ends up being true.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I hope Ollie knows what he is doing because if UConn decides to purse that story... and it ends up being true.
UConn will now be able to subpoena reluctant witnesses for testimony under oath. Could be bad news.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
.........then we will end up with penalties

I'm very aware of what will happen. Ollie ruining things after he has already left... why would anyone want that. Ollie needs to go away. But as you said previously he has no reason to care, only thing in it for him is money.

Reaction Score
Still not sold on the sanctions. Was listening to the Gary Parrish podcast and they seemed to hint that UConn uncovering these violations, working with NCAA on them, and firing Ollie and whole staff would lead to some leniency.

Reaction Score
I'm very aware of what will happen. Ollie ruining things after he has already left... why would anyone want that. Ollie needs to go away. But as you said previously he has no reason to care, only thing in it for him is money.
He absolutely should care. Before all of this, KO had earning potential that exceeded 10 mil. I doubt he still does. No matter the outcome, this will end up costing KO money. It also cost him a lot more in UConn Nation.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Well depending (and we dont know yet until its is disclosed) on whether a settlement offer was ever made and when it was made, and how much was it, we may be assigning that same disclaimer on the UConn admin (the bolded).

Meaning that saving buyout money was more important than any potential fallout from pushing all in on cause. Smart? Dumb? Time will tell.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It seems to me that threatening to sue regarding the unproven $30k payment allegation is an idle threat, since neither UConn or Ollie gain anything from it being proven. If it's proven, Ollie loses, and UConn faces the possibility of worse NCAA sanctions. Nobody wins in that scenario, which makes it nothing more than a grandstanding ploy by Ollie's attorneys.

CL82

Reaction Score
I thought he deserved a partial settlement, but now I hope he gets nothing.
I don't know what, if any, settlement offers were made to KO, but if he had the chance to walk away quietly with 7 figures and turned it down, he (or his counsel) made a very serious miscalculation.

As I've noted previously, the amount UConn will pay in settlement, if any, is likely dropping with each feces throwing event by his counsel.

Reaction Score
So now it appears we think KO's lawyers are inept. I am guessing one of 2 things....no one was ever paid or if KO paid them, he is extremely naive to think it would not be traceable. Unless it was a paper bag full of cash.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
This is bad for everybody. Optics don’t look good for UConn, possible sanctions for the program, and Ollie looks desperate. Not good man.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Perhaps Ollie's attorneys are frustrated by not being able to get the other side to the bargaining table. At this point, UConn's attorneys are likely content to sit back and let the whole thing run it's course, confident in the fact that the law is on their side.

Reaction Score
I'm just not confident the UConn administration fully understand the ramifications if KO decides air everything out. He might be at a point that he just doesn't care after everything he's been through over the past 3 years. UConn worst nightmare is KO thinking he has nothing to lose since he's lost everything

Hoping he doesn't go that route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle