Ollie post game interview | The Boneyard

Ollie post game interview

Reaction Score
I just think it was bizarre that he was satisfied and actually smiling. And he used the word great as if beating a one win Ivy League Columbia was a major accomplishment. According to our Coach his players can celebrate, be happy and go home and chill, all is well.

"Great win, I'm proud of you guys!" I still can't believe he said that.

Calhoun is a HOFer because of his demand for excellence and his constant demand never to accept anything less than your best. Sorry but I can't imagine Coach K, Izzo or the other good coaches saying that. That's why I said I've never heard a UConn coach talk like that after beating a lesser team in OT. Very telling.

Reaction Score
Never thought I'd compare Ollie to Diaco - but it's showing. I know we all eat up the ollie-isms just like we did Diaco's BS. All talk. Certainly looks in over his head.
@whaler11 has been saying this for years

Reaction Score
I just think it was bizarre that he was satisfied and actually smiling. And he used the word great as if beating a one win Columbia was a major accomplishment. According to our Coach his players can celebrate, be happy and go home and chill, all is well.

Calhoun is a HOFer because of his demand for excellence and his constant demand never to accept anything less than your best. Sorry but I can't imagine Coach K, Izzo or the others good coaches saying that. That's why I said I've never heard a UConn coach talk like that after beating a lesser team in OT. Very telling.

Calhoun is helping St Joe"s -- not Ollie.

Reaction Score
He said he was proud of the guys and it was a great win for the U.

I guess I've never heard a UConn Coach talk like that after a beating Columbia in OT.

Just saying he seemed pleased and not upset at all. All smiles and all is well I guess.
He still gets paid. Why shouldn't he be happy? Warde really set up his buddy well.

Reaction Score
I was a little disappointed in the post-game. He should have been honest and stated that they were fortunate to get out of this came alive and that their level of play has to tick way up to have a kind of season that they all want to have.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
How did Vital get a shoulder injury? The injuries just followed the team into this season.

Reaction Score
I think this win is big for the university in the sense it is not a crippling loss for the university
I
I think this win is big for the university in the sense it is not a crippling loss for the university
Exactly - it's sadly a big win.

Reaction Score
I just think it was bizarre that he was satisfied and actually smiling. And he used the word great as if beating a one win Columbia was a major accomplishment. According to our Coach his players can celebrate, be happy and go home and chill, all is well.

Calhoun is a HOFer because of his demand for excellence and his constant demand never to accept anything less than your best. Sorry but I can't imagine Coach K, Izzo or the others good coaches saying that. That's why I said I've never heard a UConn coach talk like that after beating a lesser team in OT. Very telling.
It’s THE problem. The players know they don’t have to give their all, so they don’t. Geno looks pissed up 30 most nights, Calhoun did as well. It’s a common trait among successful college coaches. They demand excellence while KO is more than happy to just grind it out. Calhoun wanted his players to physically and emotionally impose their will on the other team, Ollie hasn’t shown to have this same quality and it’s exactly why we continue to get these subpar results. HE is the problem not the players. Calipari, Izzo, K, Roy Williams would have Jalen on NBA 1st rd draft boards by now by simply expecting him to be great and not expecting anything less. Jalen came to Storrs known as a competitor, now he doesn’t care? Ollie has negatively impacted Jalen with a nonchalant attitude about excellence. If your Pg is an extension of the coach on the floor then JA is doing a great job of representing his coach. KO doesn’t seem to want to fight so why should his players. Thank You CV and AA your effort is appreciated

Reaction Score
He mentioned how lucky he was to be coaching this team. Could he be getting pressure from the top that if losses keep piling up he’d be let go?
Seems to me he knows his days are numbered. Sounds like he is just playing the gratitude and positivity card because that seems to be all he has left to cling to and claim. Got any psychologists here?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom